Medtronic wouldn't send sample

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been using 9mm Mios for years now but recently I've had some stinging - sometimes only at the "fill cannula" stage but other times during a bolus. None of these have been bad enough to change the set but it has been annoying.

I know that most people on the Mio use the 6mm cannula size, so I asked my DSN if it would be possible to try samples of this. She said she could see no problem with that but didn't offer to give me any Mios. I presumed she wanted me to contact Medtronic.

With the run up to Christmas, I didn't get around to phoning Medtronic till today. I explained what had been happening and was told that the 6mm size would be better. I was asked if I would be placing an order soon and said probably the end of next week. She said Medtronic couldn't send out different cannulas without an e-mail from my nurse. :banghead:

Why is diabetic life never easy?

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
and if your DSN is anything like mine -- only works 2 days a week:eek:

I have to time my emergencies to tuesdays and fridays it seems............

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
and if your DSN is anything like mine -- only works 2 days a week:eek:

I have to time my emergencies to tuesdays and fridays it seems............
Well, she used to be part time but I don't know if she still is. I do know that she's on holiday till Thursday, though.:angelic:

ce81ar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes, had this several times. My DSN has said she finds it as annoying as I do but seems to be a Medtronic policy they won't budge on.