Bullying outside

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot
back in october or beggining of november there these stupid kids probbaly around 12-16 (just doing stupid stuff like calling me names, trying to throw water at me, threatening to steal or damage my bike, tried to knock of my bike and they were saying i was following them when i wasn't i was going the same way as the area they were in is where i pratice my skills) and i swore at them back then and they were filiming me back then to make it look like i was following them and they threatend to call the police back then i said go on, your making a big mistake if you do and they never did.

Like the last time i went up that area they came up to and started picking on me because i was doing photography. This time i managed to avoid them as i just went down a hill on a road and they were to scared to use the road. But the thing is i can't always avoid this area because 1. Being diabetic type 1 when i drop my prescription off i always cycle around this area instead of just waiting an hour. 2. This is near a stables where i did my work experience that was always fine because i finished early before the students were out of school. 3. I want to try to get a job/volunteer at the stables but i don't want to because off above because who knows the next time things could get worse. :( I don't know how to deal with it as the students aren't adults and i can't be faced with them bullying on me every time i go up there especially when it gets a bit physical like back in october.

Yesterday. I had to go up to get my prescription and during the wait i was taking pictures those teens just came up to me and said why you taking pictures of them when i wasn't and then they started saying stuff and doing the same stuff as back in october/beggining of november and took/threw my water bottle.

All i know about this teens are there from my old secondary but i don't know them

I don't know how to deal with this.

It happens everytime i go up to that area

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think you should go to the headmaster of their school and explain how terrible it is to have those stupid pupils acting that evil. and besides of that I want to send you a big virtual hug from me.. and some love along with that... stay strong dear .. the world is filled with evil people but also with at least as many fine great loving and tolerant people.... I have moved a lot in my life (39 different addresses ) mostly with my parents as a child, so sometimes one can move to another area is my suggestion, I know many are afraid of moving, but actually it can be very adventurous to move to another place.. and start a new life... and liberating, I know that for sure.. you don´t have to take all their evil words...

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I think you should go to the headmaster of their school and explain how terrible it is to have those stupid pupils acting that evil. and besides of that I want to send you a big virtual hug from me.. and some love along with that... stay strong dear .. the world is filled with evil people but also with at least as many fine great loving and tolerant people.... I have moved a lot in my life (39 different addresses ) mostly with my parents as a child , so sometimes one can move to another area is my suggestion, I know many are afraid of moving, but actually it can be very aventurous to move to another place.. and start a new life... and liberating , I know that for sure.. you don´t have to take all their evil words...
I don't go to there school anymore, It's not a great school and also i don't even know there names.
and i lived in 3 different countries before i came to England.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't go to there school anymore, It's not a great school and also i don't even know there names.
and i lived in 3 different countries before i came to England.

if you take a photo of them you can just show that to the headmaster or send it to him/her then they can identify them

Reactions: Struma

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Lulu9101112 ,

Sorry to hear you're getting some greif of these louts... Chances are you are not the only person subject to this sort of dispicable behaviour?

You mentioned in your post that this group are "too scared to use a road" on a certain hill? Interesting... Sounds like some "history" with this gang & the road on the hill they don't wish to confront..

Ignor them. They sound like fools..!

Reactions: Lulu9101112

tvnerd

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
back in october or beggining of november there these stupid kids probbaly around 12-16 (just doing stupid stuff like calling me names, trying to throw water at me, threatening to steal or damage my bike, tried to knock of my bike and they were saying i was following them when i wasn't i was going the same way as the area they were in is where i pratice my skills) and i swore at them back then and they were filiming me back then to make it look like i was following them and they threatend to call the police back then i said go on, your making a big mistake if you do and they never did.

Like the last time i went up that area they came up to and started picking on me because i was doing photography. This time i managed to avoid them as i just went down a hill on a road and they were to scared to use the road. But the thing is i can't always avoid this area because 1. Being diabetic type 1 when i drop my prescription off i always cycle around this area instead of just waiting an hour. 2. This is near a stables where i did my work experience that was always fine because i finished early before the students were out of school. 3. I want to try to get a job/volunteer at the stables but i don't want to because off above because who knows the next time things could get worse. :( I don't know how to deal with it as the students aren't adults and i can't be faced with them bullying on me every time i go up there especially when it gets a bit physical like back in october.

Yesterday. I had to go up to get my prescription and during the wait i was taking pictures those teens just came up to me and said why you taking pictures of them when i wasn't and then they started saying stuff and doing the same stuff as back in october/beggining of november and took/threw my water bottle.

All i know about this teens are there from my old secondary but i don't know them

I don't know how to deal with this.

It happens everytime i go up to that area

Hey. This sounds like a scary experience. I have a few questions:
1. Are all the kids older than you?
2. Are you the only one they have picked on or do you know anyone else in your neighbourhood who has had the same problems?
3. Are you usually alone when they pick on you?

If it routinely gets physical or too dangerous perhaps it would make sense to speak to someone who can help. Perhaps a headmaster or counsellor at your school? It’s best to try to not respond when it comes to bullies since they are usually looking to get some reaction out of you.

If they usually bully you at an area around the stables, perhaps there is someone there who knows them and can help you?

Bullying sucks. I’m sorry you have to go through this. Let me know how it goes.

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hey. This sounds like a scary experience. I have a few questions:
1. Are all the kids older than you?
2. Are you the only one they have picked on or do you know anyone else in your neighbourhood who has had the same problems?
3. Are you usually alone when they pick on you?

If it routinely gets physical or too dangerous perhaps it would make sense to speak to someone who can help. Perhaps a headmaster or counsellor at your school? It’s best to try to not respond when it comes to bullies since they are usually looking to get some reaction out of you.

If they usually bully you at an area around the stables, perhaps there is someone there who knows them and can help you?

Bullying sucks. I’m sorry you have to go through this. Let me know how it goes.

1. Their younger i'm guessing around 13-16yrs. I'm 18
2. I don't know if anyone else have had same problems
3. Yes

tvnerd

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
1. Their younger i'm guessing around 13-16yrs. I'm 18
2. I don't know if anyone else have had same problems
3. Yes

Perhaps if you need to go there for a longer period of time you could go with someone? Ask your friend to accompany you so that they don’t pick on you?

If they’re younger than perhaps a local cop or some other figure of authority could scare them a bit?

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Perhaps if you need to go there for a longer period of time you could go with someone? Ask your friend to accompany you so that they don’t pick on you?

If they’re younger than perhaps a local cop or some other figure of authority could scare them a bit?
I don't have any friends that live in my neighbourhood and also how would getting police involved help as there not adults as their under 18 and i'm like outnumbered 5:1.

tvnerd

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't have any friends that live in my neighbourhood and also how would getting police involved help as there not adults as their under 18 and i'm like outnumbered 5:1.

Usually what happens in my country for such situations is that people just get cops involved to scare the individual(s) or there is a huge fight (a gang war of sorts)

I agree that this may not be the best solution. But your options seem limited to:
1. Enduring the bullying by ignoring those people and hoping for the best
2. Telling on them (which may make it worse though)
3. Finding a new place to pick up your medication

I’m sorry I can’t be more helpful. Maybe you could drive there instead of going on your bike, thus avoiding all contact with them? Would that be a possibility?

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Usually what happens in my country for such situations is that people just get cops involved to scare the individual(s) or there is a huge fight (a gang war of sorts)

I agree that this may not be the best solution. But your options seem limited to:
1. Enduring the bullying by ignoring those people and hoping for the best
2. Telling on them (which may make it worse though)
3. Finding a new place to pick up your medication

I’m sorry I can’t be more helpful. Maybe you could drive there instead of going on your bike, thus avoiding all contact with them? Would that be a possibility?
Ok thanks and i dont drive yet.

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This sounds to me definitely like bullying - or more probably harrassment (as it's happening outside of their school environment). They have a "gang" mentality and pick on you because they see you as weak and there's more of them. If it was a one-to-one situation, individually they would not be so brave. It seems you are not confident enough to get involved in any kind of verbal exchange (which rarely gets anywhere, in any case), and it's better not to get involved with 'physicals' or fisticuffs. There is usually one "mouthpiece" who is the leader/instigator, and maybe that's the one to concentrate on at first.

I think you have to report this to police (in the absence of your own parents' support) and if they don't take it seriously, then escalate it up the police line of complaints. I say this because as a gang, they are likely to become more 'confident' and 'cocky' the more they get away with it. Think about what they could do to an old person, a disabled person, a defenceless shopkeeper, or just generally running amok around town. You could also take photos of them when you have your camera, and show those to the police. Pity that you don't know their names/where they live. But, if they go to your old school, the police could find out who they are by showing the photos to the school Head.

A very swift kick up the backside now, will likely put them back on the right path. I suspect a lot of it is just bluff and bravado coz you are alone - so firm retaliation will demonstrate that their bad behaviour has consequences.

Good luck, and I hope things improve for you.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
There is an option for the prescription to be sent to a chemist to be made up beforehand, so you could arrange things so that you only have to pick it up rather than wait, and you could phone up and check that it is ready, and warn them that you will be arriving at a particular time to pick it up.
Just because they are teenagers it doesn't mean that they are free to steal your property or act in a threatening way.
If you cannot arrange for a shorter waiting time at the chemist perhaps if you go to a local police station they will be able to offer some advice - particularly if you let them know that it is an on going problem and that they are becoming bolder all the time.
They are probably known to the police anyway, and I'd be inclined to phone the police station before you visit there again.