Happy New Year

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hope everyone had a great Christmas - just a note to say Happy New Year to you and your loved ones.

We have lots of things planned for 2018 - in January the site will be moving to https and a new DCUKiD login will be added to make forum, education and site access easier. There may be a day or so of outage, but systems should be far smoother. We updated our servers earlier this month and the speed of the forum has improved, too. :)

In terms of the forum, the highlight for 2017 was most certainly Royal Holloyway's study by Roberta Bernardi and Philip Wu, showing that the forum was empowering. It's amazing to see how this can be provided from a 'digital' means, and how it is quantified. We're doing a second phase study, which you can get involved in here.

We have some really, really exciting projects nearing completion. We're working hard in education, and have several new programs schedule for release in 2018. We are doing some really interesting stuff in technology - including augmented and virtual realities. It is truly immersive in a way that is truly captivating. We'd love for people to help test these - so if you're close to University of Warwick, please let us know! If you'd like to get involved in testing any of our projects, please complete the form here: https://goo.gl/forms/VAbt5Y2i9FUrNcNj2. If for any reason you can't complete the form, please PM.

Have a great new year and here's to 2018! :)

kentish maid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who tell me I don't need to test my blood
happy and healthy new year to you all

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
A wonderful, informative and friendly forum. Thanks for all your hard work admins and mods.

Here’s to a great 2018!

Reactions: Liam1955

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy New Year all my new found virtual friends! This time last year I didn’t even know this Forum existed. Thank God it does! I have found so much friendly advice here which has enabled me to get healthy again. I’ve visited every day since diagnosis and will recommend it to anyone who receives a diagnosis. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart :)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Wishing everyone A Happy and Healthy 2018. :happy:

Reactions: archersuz

purplepenguin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wishing everyone a very happy new year. Thank you for all the supports you’ve given me this year, I hope I can pay it forward next year.

Reactions: Alison Campbell

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy New Year to all. Like @Rachox this time last year I didn’t even know this forum existed. Thanks to all for support and advice and all the best for 2018.

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Happy new year to you too. Thanks for the forum, would of Been totally lost without it 6 years ago, how time flies

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I think my avatar says it all but..... Happy New Year @Administrator . You and your team are appreciated. Very much. I wish you great prosperity and continuing knowledge to guide the forum/website throughout 2018 and beyond. Thank you for such an universal forum. Thanks. ☺ ☺ ☺

Reactions: Speedbird