Freestyle libre supplies

Gloucestergirl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Nightclubs!!
I have been thinking of ordering a Freestyle Libre as my son has one and says it's so much easier than finger-prick testing. He has used two sensors so far and had two more on order but he mentioned today that the money had unexpectedly been refunded into his bank account. It says on their website that there has been great demand not only from the UK but other countries so perhaps he had the refund because there are big problems with the supply of the sensors. Has anyone who has a Libre been told the reason for this and whether things will get better?

TiggerB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If you need to take blood sugars for driving, you would still need to finger prick test as the DVLA don't accept Libre results yet.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
https://www.freestylelibre.co.uk/libre/products/sensors.html

Looks like they're low in stock in UK and Ireland.....
In my experience (Australia) they occasionally get low in stock and you have to wait a couple of weeks before getting a new sensor. If you're able to afford it, it's best to hold a sensor in reserve for that reason. (And because occasionally sensors fail on first use, sigh.)

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lots of people on the facebook groups complaining about delayed orders, as EllieM says stock is low due to unforeseen demand apparently.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I ordered four sensors last night and I had a despatch email from Abbott earlier this evening saying they'd 'left the warehouse'.

Phew! Sounds good so far. Mind you, I'm never quite sure of online ordering having been successful until I actually get my hands on what I've ordered..... Christmas having been a case in point!

:rolleyes:

Reactions: Books1

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I ordered four sensors last night and I had a despatch email from Abbott earlier this evening saying they'd 'left the warehouse'.

Phew! Sounds good so far. Mind you, I'm never quite sure of online ordering having been successful until I actually get my hands on what I've ordered..... Christmas having been a case in point!

:rolleyes:

oops who was left disappointed at Christmas then????!

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
oops who was left disappointed at Christmas then????!
All was well - the parcel was delivered on the Friday morning as we were pulling off our driveway to set off for our Christmas week away.

Parcel did therefore arrive but at HUGE expense to my sanity..............! Ironically it was the most important thing I'd ordered and, and I'd ordered in NOVEMBER and had been told '10-14 days'.

:)