Type 1 b diabetic

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Corina_Smith . Welcome to the forum.
Diet ...... balanced, sensible ( in my opinion ) 150/200 g of carbs daily. No junk food.
Exercise...... gym 6 days a week. Weight training, HIIT and cardio.

Reactions: Corina_Smith

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi - my son has type 1 b. He is 4 so trying to find my feet a little with diet and exercise. This is all very foreign to me....
First off it takes time to master the condition, try not to get stressed with it.
I'll tag @DCUKMod . Your post may get more relevant input in the parents section. It can be moved there if you wish.
Diet and exercise are very different for young ones like your son, advice from adults wouldn't be necessarily appropriate.
One thing I will say is ..... don't restrict your sons life because of diabetes, use the diabetes to help him eat healthy and find a way to exercise/ play. Eat healthy and exercise/play it's what all 4 year olds should do, but many fail. Use the diabetes to make it his way of life.
Good luck.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Corina_Smith -- If you would like your thread to go into the Parents' area, just let me, or any Mod know. You can tag us by using the @ symbol directly before our user name, as I did when I tagged you.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'd never heard of type 1b diabetes so have just Googled it! I never stop learning things thanks to this forum.

Sending hugs your way, @Corina_Smith . Take one day at a time, and ask loads of questions. There are lots of helpful peeps round here.

Love Snapsy
:)