What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

purplepenguin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been all over the place today. Woke nicely at [email protected], it had risen to 5.7 by 5.30 when I got out of bed.
Had a two egg omelette with butter and some mattesons pork sausage so hardly any carbs.
Rose to 10.0 @ 10.30am.
1pm was 8.3 and by 3pm 6.4. By dinner time at 5.30 I was 6.3.

The rise into double figures baffles me as I thought I would have combatted the liver dump with breakfast. It was the first day back at work so a bit more active in the morning, and I have a sore throat so could it be I went that high due to my throat?

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Hey all you kind People, I ate all the wrong kind of foods Yesterday and slept till 12 o’clock 7.0 mmol today, much room for progress in the new year
Hi Freema same here but we will get back to lower BG readings for sure! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Aspartame is an artificial sweetner. It is not broken down to glucose and so does not affect blood glucose levels unlike sugar or sucrose
@Ymdawd rayhigginson has similar problems to you has his job takes him on the road with having to look for what to eat,consequently he's having a few problems with BG levels, the drinks he has I thought may be one of his problems but I'm not familiar with all sugar substitutes names and I don't drink fizzy drinks, but thanks for the information on aspartame. I've asked him to ask questions about any problems he has so hopefully he will. Thanks again and hope your now much better since your last illness! K

Reactions: HarryBeau

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi everyone BG this morning @4:20 was 6.2
On it's way down again and hopefully will carry on doing so!K
It's howling winds where I live this morning and it's been going on all night,and I have an appointment this morning hate having to drive in high winds! Stay safe all who like me have to get out there today! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
8.6 for me today blowing a gale out there blew all the way to work
Hi Karen same here and I need to go out on appointment later not looking forward to that in these winds, how are you Has things started to settle down BG wise. I'm hopeless with type1 and insulin unsure of what level is ok but do wish you well! K

Reactions: karen8967

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi Karen same here and I need to go out on appointment later not looking forward to that in these winds, how are you Has things started to settle down BG wise. I'm hopeless with type1 and insulin unsure of what level is ok but do wish you well! K
Hi Karen mine was 6.2 at 4:20 this morning, take care today it's awful weather! K

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi k my levels should be between 5.5 and 10 still havent settled yet as sky high through the day spoke to dn and tweaked insulin again hope your gp appointment goes well and be careful in these winds xx

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I was in a very stressful condition and bad mood..
I think my blood glucose was celebrating it and had a party then BOOM

SPIKE
Stress can raise your BG levels so hope you are now calmer and with lower BG readings take care !K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi k my levels should be between 5.5 and 10 still havent settled yet as sky high through the day spoke to dn and tweaked insulin again hope your gp appointment goes well and be careful in these winds xx
Thanks you too, hope they settle down for you soon!K

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...up at 5am...not in the best frame of mind...have an appointment with the anti-coagulation clinic...going to re-arrange it...am I up for rush down the A1...a fight for a parking space...the lengthy wait for the 'newbie' who takes for ever...shall I be totally selfish...re-arrange the appointment with the senior clinician next week...who will have me in & out of there PDQ...yes...absolutely...woke to a 5.6.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Morning...up at 5am...not in the best frame of mind...have an appointment with the anti-coagulation clinic...going to re-arrange it...am I up for rush down the A1...a fight for a parking space...the lengthy wait for the 'newbie' who takes for ever...shall I be totally selfish...re-arrange the appointment with the senior clinician next week...who will have me in & out of there PDQ...yes...absolutely...woke to a 5.6.
Hi Bubbsie you do whatever suits you sometimes we have to do what's right for ourselves,I'm always thinking about others and just sometimes it would be nice if they thought about us,Good Luck!K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yes.. I was so stressed yesterday.. i've been trying to calm down and hopefully my BG can behave nicely.. not crazy anymore :D
Thank you
Glad they are settling down, I've been stressed over Christmas has many are at this time so glad it's over for another year hope things get better for you! K

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Bubbsie you do whatever suits you sometimes we have to do what's right for ourselves,I'm always thinking about others and just sometimes it would be nice if they thought about us,Good Luck!K
Thanks K...have irregular appointments there depending on how my INR levels are...sometimes every week...two weeks and so on...even occasionally every couple of days...hate missing them...rearranging appointments...however...in my frame of mind better to rearrange for me & the clinician ...not receptive to inexperience or unexplained delays today...no...definitely not today!

Reactions: ziggy_w