Any T2D under 30 here ?

varma21345

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, everyone. I need someone who is understandable and actively positive as a company in the journey with Diabetes. My intention is one can be more controlled and disciplined when in company rather than alone. Doing all by yourself and ending up in highs or lows when alone is not that good and even if all your friends are aware of your condition you can't share your progress with them as freely as other matters. Diabetes is your personal thing but i feel i need a company so , we can compete,share and control together and it gets always better when competition is on.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I am really uncomfortable with the notion of competition regarding health matters. T2 is not a game to be won or lost it is so much more important than that. We are individuals and our condition reacts differently to stimuli.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Why only under 30s? Us over 30s can provide help and support too, though as Guzzler says not in a competitive way. The Forum folk are understanding and positive with the belief that Type 2 can be tamed.

Reactions: Arlmy

varma21345

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am really uncomfortable with the notion of competition regarding health matters. T2 is not a game to be won or lost it is so much more important than that. We are individuals and our condition reacts differently to stimuli.
I agree completely and i also do not consider it as any kind of game to compete . But, the i feel it as achievement when i get good BG readings with efforts taken and would like to share and sometimes the other type of results too. i am a bit uncomfortable sharing them with ppl without diabetes as i feel it doesn't matter to them as they do not understand it. But, anyways I thought others would also think the same and this was just a perspective difference and excuse me if any wrong.Have a great time ahead.

Reactions: ziggy_w and Guzzler

varma21345

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Why only under 30s? Us over 30s can provide help and support too, though as Guzzler says not in a competitive way. The Forum folk are understanding and positive with the belief that Type 2 can be tamed.

I am currently a student and have some concerns regarding my career opportunities so, thought it would be more logical to mention this age grp. There is really no issue of age number but most usual diagnosis are after 35 and later in my country and i feel t2d below 35 has more career related problems to deal with as they are start point of career.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am currently a student and have some concerns regarding my career opportunities so, thought it would be more logical to mention this age grp. There is really no issue of age number but most usual diagnosis are after 35 and later in my country and i feel t2d below 35 has more career related problems to deal with as they are start point of career.
I don’t see why Type 2 would hinder any career progression, what does this worry you?

varma21345

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t see why Type 2 would hinder any career progression, what does this worry you?
Diabetes got into my mind completely. Every moment of my life is being judged in relation with it. I am with the opinion that why would a company hire a professional whose performance can be affected by his health condition. I do know in Europe the situation is totally different and fine and I live in Germany and got no problems as of now but i am always of the fear that I may be not considered.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Positive reinforcement is a good thing. How you get that depends on you. In this forum we help and support each other, we award trophys when people reach their goals and provide encouragement when things seem to be going badly. The members here provide practical ways to lessen any impact that our condition may cause and we accept that a 'good result' for one person is not necessarily attainable for someone else even though both people have put every effort in.

Share your thoughts here, when you are really happy with how your 'control' is going and if you have a bad day then share that, too. You are right in thinking that non Diabetics sometimes do not understand how we feel about the good/bad aspects but you could try explaining it to a close freind or family member, I do it all the time. Good luck.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Diabetes got into my mind completely. Every moment of my life is being judged in relation with it. I am with the opinion that why would a company hire a professional whose performance can be affected by his health condition. I do know in Europe the situation is totally different and fine and I live in Germany and got no problems as of now but i am always of the fear that I may be not considered.
I don’t think you’re under any obligation to declare your type 2 at application stage for a job or even beyond. If you do your best at controlling it you’ll be as healthy (or healthier) as the next man

Reactions: varma21345

varma21345

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Positive reinforcement is a good thing. How you get that depends on you. In this forum we help and support each other, we award trophys when people reach their goals and provide encouragement when things seem to be going badly. The members here provide practical ways to lessen any impact that our condition may cause and we accept that a 'good result' for one person is not necessarily attainable for someone else even though both people have put every effort in.

Share your thoughts here, when you are really happy with how your 'control' is going and if you have a bad day then share that, too. You are right in thinking that non Diabetics sometimes do not understand how we feel about the good/bad aspects but you could try explaining it to a close freind or family member, I do it all the time. Good luck.
i stay away from my family and any positives or negatives worry them a lot and the only solution they can offer is to return back to my home country so , they can take more care.But i got some goals and being diabetic wouldn't change them and i am more than happy to be part of here and it is only after i joined this family here i have got very good progress. currently i am in confusion of the transition between KETO and LCHF and got advice from the members already and working on it too.

Reactions: Guzzler

varma21345

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t think you’re under any obligation to declare your type 2 at application stage for a job or even beyond. If you do your best at controlling it you’ll be as healthy (or healthier) as the next man
I was diagnosed 2 years ago but i still try to hide it at many places and only recently i started being more open about my choices in regard to my health condition and i am getting used to it. I hope it wouldn't be an obstacle and i wanted to hear the story from a recently appointed employee and wanted to know their journey to enter the job.

Reactions: Rachox

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@varma21345 Hi and hope you are doing ok. I don't take offence at your question and believe that there are some differences in being diagnosed type 2 under 30 and understand that you want support and encouragement from your peers who are in the same life stage as yourself. Starting a career, family and buying a house are things that I just didn't have to think about alongside diabetes and my goal was to avoid diagnosis if possible before I turned 40. New goal 45 although it is getting harder.

Unfortunately many of the younger type 2's we see on the forum don't stay around very long and I wonder if we don't relate fully. I hope some will contact you by private message even if they don't post in this message.

suroz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I am 26 and Type 2 Diabetic since 2 years. Just completed my education and currently I'm at career building phase. Hopefully this young people community will help us to share our experiences.

Reactions: Alison Campbell

varma21345

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@varma21345 Hi and hope you are doing ok. I don't take offence at your question and believe that there are some differences in being diagnosed type 2 under 30 and understand that you want support and encouragement from your peers who are in the same life stage as yourself. Starting a career, family and buying a house are things that I just didn't have to think about alongside diabetes and my goal was to avoid diagnosis if possible before I turned 40. New goal 45 although it is getting harder.

Unfortunately many of the younger type 2's we see on the forum don't stay around very long and I wonder if we don't relate fully. I hope some will contact you by private message even if they don't post in this message.

wow !Great to hear that you have been pre diabetic since 6 years. I rushed from pre diabetic to diabetic in just a span of few months .I always wished the same to avoid diagnosed but life had different plans but anyways all the best with your control and thanks for being on same line of my thought. Have a great time ahead.

Reactions: Alison Campbell

varma21345

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I am 26 and Type 2 Diabetic since 2 years. Just completed my education and currently I'm at career building phase. Hopefully this young people community will help us to share our experiences.
Hi suroz . how are you doing and what are you studying ?