Anyone lucky enough to be diagnosed within the last 2 years ?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Just joined the forum so just looking for someone cool to chat with ! I was diagnosed in April 2016 when I was 18 n it was really **** ! Actively lookin for someone to ***** about diabetes to n don’t mind listening x
Cheers kids x

thomasrichmond_16

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Just joined the forum so just looking for someone cool to chat with ! I was diagnosed in April 2016 when I was 18 n it was really **** ! Actively lookin for someone to ***** about diabetes to n don’t mind listening x
Cheers kids x
Hey, I was diagnosed 3 months ago. ***** away

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Ahh that was so quick !! Right so I absolutely bloody hate havin to stab myself every-time I eat ! How are you finding it my dude ?

thomasrichmond_16

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Ahh that was so quick !! Right so I absolutely bloody hate havin to stab myself every-time I eat ! How are you finding it my dude ?
Well I've kind of got used to it. But it annoys me to hell when I'm out for a meal with friends and only I have to do the stabby stuff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yeah man ! It frustrates the hell out of me when I’m with me pals as well, by the time I’ve tested n injected they’re already half way through their meal and it kinda discourages me sometimes from treating myself sometimes

Reactions: thomasrichmond_16

Noblecheese

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Cheers kids x
Yes mate. Diagnosed in August. Didn't feel too lucky.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Guys,

How about getting a Pump and FreeStyle Libre to avoid frequent stabbing and finger pricking?

Just a suggestion!

Noblecheese

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I went to a festival for my pals stag do. Slipped on a pipe and broke my femur. after about 2 months I had lost 3 stone. Thought it was due to my in activity but, after a blood test got a call from my doctor asking me to bring in a bottle of ****. 2 hours later I was in diabetes clinic in hospital to be told I had type 1 and need to inject 4 times a day. Great stag do !

Noblecheese

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have the freestyle libre. I was given one almost straight away as the nurses could see I hate needles and I also own a cheese shop so cant be drawing blood in front of customers. I'm still waiting for more sensors to be delivered In UK. Currently in singapore so just bought 5 sensors and a new reader. They have them in chemist here.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I went to a festival for my pals stag do. Slipped on a pipe and broke my femur. after about 2 months I had lost 3 stone. Thought it was due to my in activity but, after a blood test got a call from my doctor asking me to bring in a bottle of ****. 2 hours later I was in diabetes clinic in hospital to be told I had type 1 and need to inject 4 times a day. Great stag do !

I hit my head when I was still in sixth form, had to go to the hospital n I lost weight, my sisters a type 1 diabetic as well so I used her meter to test n I was 35 haha

*edited by a moderator to remove swear word

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: thomasrichmond_16

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I need to do the BERTIE course to get a pump and also getting the freestyle libre very soon !

I wish you very well mate.

I know it’s tough but don’t let this disease defeat any of us. We’ve got to turn it around and fight it with all courage!

Don’t allow diabetes to manage you. You’ve got to manage and control it with patience, dedication and perseverance!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I wish you very well mate.

I know it’s tough but don’t let this disease defeat any of us. We’ve got to turn it around and fight it with all courage!

Don’t allow diabetes to manage you. You’ve got to manage and control it with patience, dedication and perseverance!

Thank you man ! It’s poo living with it but I’m getting there, cheers for the support my dude I appreciate it

Noblecheese

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's life I suppose. I'm sure there will be some more advancements in treatment to help us out. I just can't work out why my levels go up randomly. I was 6.9 when I got up had a swim hadn't had breakfast and my levels went to 13. Dunno if they are changing randomly as in a different time zone and having my overnight dose in the morning here but just weird

MissMolly86

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was diagnosed with Type 2 yesterday. It doesn't come as a surprise really. Health has always been an issue in some way or another, (Possible immediate) family history of it and I havent exactly taken care of myself over the years...major coca cola addict. Was due to have an operation on degenerative discs and had my pre-op bloods done. hba1c results came back at 186 mmol, I didnt know what that meant but figured it wasnt good. Anyway, they've cancelled the operation and I've been put on Metformin. Have an appointment with diabetes nurse on Wednesday but was told by GP to read up on here to get more information.
So yeah...Hi :)

Noblecheese

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was a major wine addict. Done in thing is I had my accident when I was sober. Gave up the grog about a month beforehand.