Type 2 Do we all get severe stomach ache with Gliclazide?

MillieT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I was just wondering how many others get these severe stomach aches when taking gliclazide, mine is so bad i cannot even bear to touch my tummy :/

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No. Ive been on it 20+ years with no stomach problems

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I've never seen any posts on these forums over the years for anyone having stomach ache with Gliclazide. I was on full dose for 5 years with no side effects. I wonder whether it's upsetting your pancreas. I would certainly discussing stopping it with the GP and trying some alternatives.

Reactions: MillieT

Hammer1964

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Meat, meat substitutes and fish
I was on Gliclazide for 6 months (from diagnosis) with no tummy issues, put onto Metformin = major tummy problems and sickness, loss of appetite so put on SR and the same issues so have been put back on Gliclazide with no issues. Other issues on Metformin were chest pain, pounding heart beat and a roller coaster tummy all of which have now gone.

MillieT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I was on fast acting metformin which did upset me, the diabetic nurse put me on the slow release and she says you do not get the same side effects from it though I took one this morning and no gliclazide and have had stomach ache all afternoon.

JohhnyHachoo

I was just wondering how many others get these severe stomach aches when taking gliclazide, mine is so bad i cannot even bear to touch my tummy :/
I do. I am on my third cycle of stopping and then restarting to see if glicklizide is causing the pain

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No problems to report for either max or min dose.