What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
6.8 this morning. Haven’t slept at all thanks to a productive cough. So tired today. I also fear I will be battling the little voice on my shoulder telling me to eat what I want because it won’t matter as sugar is high already and you’re ill anyway.
It will make recovery longer thou. Try and eat more protein to satisfy you. Nice dippy egg with protein bread?

Reactions: Aginoth

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning all. I haven't been around much because I had my carpal tunnel fixed 2 days before christmas. And then a bad cold! Been feeling generally under the weather. And have a hbalc this week cos I am starting an xpert course in a couple of weeks. Well, my hbalc will be high (and not because of the mince pies I ate)!!!
So, its good to be back, hope you are all well.

I am 6.0 this am.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all. I haven't been around much because I had my carpal tunnel fixed 2 days before christmas. And then a bad cold! Been feeling generally under the weather. And have a hbalc this week cos I am starting an xpert course in a couple of weeks. Well, my hbalc will be high (and not because of the mince pies I ate)!!!

I am 6.0 this am.
glad to see you back :)

first14808

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.. After my 4.9 earlier in the week, I had a 6.9 yesterday, and 6.7 this morning. Weight is down a little, so hoping that's fat burning. And I have my first review with the GP on Tuesday, so curious how that will go.

jillsymes66

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude ignorant people
I was 6.1 before bed. Took 40 Lantus. Fbg 13.1!! Took 10 units Novarapid. Had butter coffee for breakfast. Tested again before lunch 13.1 again. This keeps happening. I am 4 days in on a lchf diet and was expecting my bg to be much lower. Cannot get an appointment with the GP's diabetic team for 3 months. Any advice please?

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I am 6.0 this am.
HbA1c might be higher than you'd like KOT...so what...you've .had a lot going on...difficult to avoid higher blood sugars when you're ill...having treatment...under any sort of stress & anxiety...you'll know exactly where you are after the HbA1c...after the xpert course (think yourself lucky it's not a Desmond course I.did that it was like an alternative comedy show) you'll be well equipped to get those levels where you need them relatively soon...good luck.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was 6.1 before bed. Took 40 Lantus. Fbg 13.1!! Took 10 units Novarapid. Had butter coffee for breakfast. Tested again before lunch 13.1 again. This keeps happening. I am 4 days in on a lchf diet and was expecting my bg to be much lower. Cannot get an appointment with the GP's diabetic team for 3 months. Any advice please?
Can't give any advice on the insulin...woefully ignorant in that respect...I'm type 2...however unbelievable you cannot get an appointment with your diabetic team for three months...I would suggest ringing your surgery...asking for a GP or DSN to call you back...explain the difficulty...insist...some times we have to be 'pig headed' to get the attention we need...you patently need professional advice...that is what our health care teams are there for...give them a call first thing on Monday...if the levels rise continually to a point where you are worried...it can't wait until Monday don't hesitate to get medical advice...call the out of office number or 111.

Reactions: Aginoth and Prem51

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning all :)

4.3 today

lots of time spent standing up and walking about yesterday ;) which seems to have mitigated the slightly too many carbs:sorry:
Too many carbs geeful...doesn't show in those results...those are excellent numbers...well done.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope you’ll soon be back in the fives John

Mine was 6.0 at 11:15 slept for 12 hours straight so now need to get up and moving , all my body hurts today from starting fitness again after Christmas hollyday 17 days off fitness can be felt so must work to get my muscles back in shape
A good hot bath Freema...that's what needed...ease those aching muscles...about to have one myself...been upping my activity levels since the festivities...they have been sorely neglected of late.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Troubled1 just read someone's post from abroad think Canada but unsure who says cold weather can raise your BG and make them fluctuate up and down, so apart from the fact you feel under the weather it could have something to do with your BG readings! Just a thought. Hope things settle down for you soon! K
Made me laugh K;)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Made me laugh K;)
Hi Bubbsie check out Micheljb from Montreal Canada that's where I read his post about severe extremes makeing BG unreliable and erratic in type2 forums ask a question !K
Who am I to question his post we never get weather in -48 plus wind chill factor makes it even colder, Troubled1 lives in norther Canada? K