Thank you to the wonderful Forum members!

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had the results of the first three-monthly blood tests: "hbA1c 44 (down from 58), blood glucose slightly raised, everything else normal." Wooo!! Mind you, I had to ask for the hbA1c figure as the first thing the caller said was "it says no further action required". Um, well, I think there is still action required because the A1c is at pre-diabetes level, but a HUGE thank you to all who welcomed me and answered daft questions regarding LCHF etc, and for everyone's brilliant general posts, support, advice and information. I was left to my own devices after diagnosis, with no support (apart from one non-diabetic friend who is doing LCHF for weight loss) until I found this Forum and all the wonderful members. I know that I will always have T2 but can hopefully relax a little bit more over Christmas than I was planning to! :happy:

Reactions: mytype1.life

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brilliant result, it’s good here isn’t it?! ;)

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just had the results of the first three-monthly blood tests: "hbA1c 44 (down from 58), blood glucose slightly raised, everything else normal." Wooo!! Mind you, I had to ask for the hbA1c figure as the first thing the caller said was "it says no further action required". Um, well, I think there is still action required because the A1c is at pre-diabetes level, but a HUGE thank you to all who welcomed me and answered daft questions regarding LCHF etc, and for everyone's brilliant general posts, support, advice and information. I was left to my own devices after diagnosis, with no support (apart from one non-diabetic friend who is doing LCHF for weight loss) until I found this Forum and all the wonderful members. I know that I will always have T2 but can hopefully relax a little bit more over Christmas than I was planning to! :happy:

Congratulations!

What are your readings for fasting/before breakfast bg levels?

Reactions: ziggy_w

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, ALL for your congratulations and kind remarks. @New2T1D - I don't test, but was prepared to do so if results weren't good. I'm off to a relative's house that has no broadband and a poor mobile signal (a digital detox, then.... Aaarrgh!!) so before I forget, I wish every member of the Forum a truly wonderful Christmas blessed with laughter, friendship and love, and the odd treat!

Maggyanne1950

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Well done and much sympathy for the lack of support from your doctor. I live in the north west and am pre-diabetic. I am just about to start a course, which has 18 sessions over 9 months, to try and put me right. I know we will be weighed and our hbA1c tested. The rest I think is advice. At least our doctors are trying. I will let you know how useful it is, later.

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done and much sympathy for the lack of support from your doctor. I live in the north west and am pre-diabetic. I am just about to start a course, which has 18 sessions over 9 months, to try and put me right. I know we will be weighed and our hbA1c tested. The rest I think is advice. At least our doctors are trying. I will let you know how useful it is, later.
Thank you @Maggyanne1950 - please do let us know how you get on with the course, and the best of luck to you.

Edited to add: welcome to the Forum!

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
Thank you @Maggyanne1950 - please do let us know how you get on with the course, and the best of luck to you.

Edited to add: welcome to the Forum!
Just brilliant to see so much positivity radiating! I hope it is rewarded for many years. Good luck.