What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning (just) all :)

4.4 today

looking a fine and bright day today and thankfully just above freezing.

I seem to be in nibble mode today :( I think it's because we had our main meal quite early yesterday (around 14.00pm) and then didn't have much after that until this morning. I've noticed that now I've got closer to where I think my healthy weight should be my body doesn't appreciate me missing regular meals.

Just as with feeling the cold more, missing meals is something that didn't used to bother me so much (both are types of stress on my body I suppose so, hopefully, these will have less effect as my body adapts and time goes on :) ).

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wished I could wake up o your numbers I'm all over the place again!K
K you're dong fine at the moment considering your circumstances...you're in the 6's that's still within range...give yourself some leeway...you've not been well...had a biopsy done...waiting for results...come on...the anxiety & stress alone is enough to elevate your levels...hoping very much they don't keep you waiting too long for results...that the news is positive...don't believe any of us could have done any better...difficult enough to manage our conditions as it is...much more difficult when we have additional 'things' to worry about...you're doing all you can...as said you're doing fine:)

Reactions: Granny_grump_

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
K you're dong fine at the moment considering your circumstances...you're in the 6's that's still within range...give yourself some leeway...you've not been well...had a biopsy done...waiting for results...come on...the anxiety & stress alone is enough to elevate your levels...hoping very much they don't keep you waiting too long for results...that the news is positive...don't believe any of us could have done any better...difficult enough to manage our conditions as it is...much more difficult when we have additional 'things' to worry about...you're doing all you can...as said you're doing fine:)
Hi@Bubbsie my appointment for the biopsy is only tomorrow afternoon but it is affecting my sleep and BG levelsat the moment,but ThankYou for the kick up the a--e I needed it!
On top of this not slept a wink last night has my pug dog Louie had a fit it's his second one in about 9 months and he is 9 years old, he's fine now but I need to see the vets again with him, but nothing conclusive last time so will call them later to see what they say. Probably bring him in and then what?K There doesn't seem to be an end to it all at the moment! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
6.8 this morning. I really figured I would be in the 5’s. Yesterday I started at 6.0 and by midday was at 3.9 then 5.4 before bed. I really dislike liver dumps.
@Troubled1 your exactly follow in same path has myself but we are still in range so I have to stop worrying too much, and the liverdumps are the worst especially when you haven't even eaten anything. 4:30 am BG was 6.5 / 9:15 am nothing to eat just lemon juice and coffee BG was 6.1, BG before this meal was 6.5 @ 12 pm still nothing to eat upto here now going to have bacon x 2 rashers, mushrooms x 4, baby plum tomatoes x4, egg x 1, and toast Burgen bread x 1, this is my usual first meal of the day so shouldn't have much in the way of surprises will check it out in 2 hours! K

Reactions: ziggy_w

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
6.8 this morning. I really figured I would be in the 5’s. Yesterday I started at 6.0 and by midday was at 3.9 then 5.4 before bed. I really dislike liver dumps.
@Troubled1 your exactly follow in same path has myself but we are still in range so I have to stop worrying too much, and the liverdumps are the worst especially when you haven't even eaten anything. 4:30 am BG was 6.5 / 9:15 am nothing to eat just lemon juice and coffee BG was 6.1, BG before this meal was 6.5 @ 12 pm still nothing to eat upto here now going to have bacon x 2 rashers, mushrooms x 4, baby plum tomatoes x4, egg x 1, and toast Burgen bread x 1, this is my usual first meal of the day so shouldn't have much in the way of surprises will check it out in 2 hours! K

Reactions: heavyd

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
No where near as bad as I feared it would be this morning @ 5.3 feeling better in the fives than the fours or lower.
Granny Grump hope all goes well for your appointment sending hugs your way.
Hi @JohnEGreen great numbers John and thank you for your kind words, hopefully it will not be cancererous and turns out better than I could hope, will keep you all informed when I get more news on it! Thank you everyone for your kind support!!K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi Kathleen,

Thinking of you. Hope everything will turn out well and it's nothing. When will you have your biopsy?
@ziggy_w it's tomorrow afternoon at our local hospitals dermatology unit. It was nice to get so much support from people on here I needed to speak about it Has I feel better offloading my worries,so grateful to you all, will have to wait for results but hopefully not too long! I'll keep in touch to let you know!K

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi@Bubbsie my appointment for the biopsy is only tomorrow afternoon but it is affecting my sleep and BG levelsat the moment,but ThankYou for the kick up the a--e I needed it!
On top of this not slept a wink last night has my pug dog Louie had a fit it's his second one in about 9 months and he is 9 years old, he's fine now but I need to see the vets again with him, but nothing conclusive last time so will call them later to see what they say. Probably bring him in and then what?K There doesn't seem to be an end to it all at the moment! K
K...it wasn't a kick up the a__e...although that reference did make me laugh...just pointing out as you rightly identify you have had a rough time of it...and with the biopsy on your mind...the poor dog (pugs are my absolute favourites)...no wonder your sugars are elevated...just before my review last October got an infection...was heading for non-diabetic range...defeated by the bloody infection...frustrating as it is there's so little we can do about it...was in a similar position myself with a biopsy...then waiting for the results...it's an exceptionally stressful time...when we have a 'run' of problems it does feel like a conspiracy...all at the same time...everything at once...try to deal with them one at a time...if you possibly can...sending a huge hug...Harry sends his love...take care.

Attachments

• 14715569_1748254268756742_2744493390447085270_o.jpg
    14715569_1748254268756742_2744493390447085270_o.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 173

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
K...it wasn't a kick up the a__e...although that reference did make me laugh...just pointing out as you rightly identify you have had a rough time of it...and with the biopsy on your mind...the poor dog (pugs are my absolute favourites)...no wonder your sugars are elevated...just before my review last October got an infection...was heading for non-diabetic range...defeated by the bloody infection...frustrating as it is there's so little we can do about it...was in a similar position myself with a biopsy...then waiting for the results...it's an exceptionally stressful time...when we have a 'run' of problems it does feel like a conspiracy...all at the same time...everything at once...try to deal with them one at a time...if you possibly can...sending a huge hug...Harry sends his love...take care.
Good grief Bubbsie that's a funny doggy photo made me laugh, animals are great no moaning they just get on with it! Could do with taking a leaf out of their book eh! K

Reactions: HarryBeau

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Any treatment available for type I apart from insulin injections
i dont think so there is only insulin injections or a pump to my knowledge but i may be wrong whats the reason for your question if you dont mind me asking :)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi guys. Mine was 19.8 when I woke up this morning. Been battling a cold for the last week and just can't seem to get it down :(
Jontenby with that kind of BG have you thought about calling your GP or DSn for some advice...apart from the cold...how are you otherwise?...don't want to scare you but that level is high...the occasional mild episode is unlikely to do any harm...however hyperglycaemia can be potentially dangerous if your BG becomes very high...and stays that way for an extended period...make sure you keep yourself well hydrated...I would give your surgery a call...just to be on the safe side...won't do any harm...that's what they are there for.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good grief Bubbsie that's a funny doggy photo made me laugh, animals are great no moaning they just get on with it! Could do with taking a leaf out of their book eh! K
You may have guessed...that's Harry...I have another classic one of him fast asleep last night...his expressions always make me laugh...he has such a miserable 'hang dog'...morose look...but...he is a happy little soul who believes everything should be fun...will upload it for you...but...no laughing...he takes his posing seriously;).