Meals & exercice diary

Isalbo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Newly diagnosed T2 I’m looking for ideas to start my new lifestyle diary. I’d like to have 1 tool that would include meals, exercices, bg, sleep patterns (also dealing w/sleep apnea -on CPAP). I feel I need a visual tool to help me focus on small daily goals but at the same time being able to learn from mistakes, monitor improvements & achievements. Any thoughts? Am I seeing too big? I think life has been sending me a message, I think it’s time for me to listen ;)

Last edited:

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,

I use an app called OneDrop to record my BG levels, food, exercise and insulin doses. It’s really simple and easy to do your own analysis. I recently got a FitBit which tracks your sleep too.
I hope this helps

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use excel, but I also like the apps MySugr for the predicted HbA1c and Glucose Companion for its graphs!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You might just be over thinking the problem.
If your blood sugars are high - eat fewer carbs and test your blood two hours after starting to eat.
Your meter will probably keep a record of your tests and will give you an average over the last week 14 days and month -
for a lucky type two who can get back to normal on diet alone, a few pages in a notebook should do the job.
If your sleep patterns are disturbed your pressure level on the CPAP machine might need adjusting or possibly a new mask or headset is required. I have used one for ages and sleep patterns are lie down, switch on, sleep, wake up, switch off - no problem at all.
I know that for some people diabetes is the new hobby or interest, but - if you are lucky - a year in and it can be of very little interest of itself, have just about zero impact on life and there is no stress or strain, just a need to ensure that everything stays as it should be.

Isalbo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank you all for your replies and suggestions. For now I created myself an Excel table w/my positive lifestyle changes in the work. As for glycemic monitoring it seemed that a few months ago I only had only 1 report possible w/Contour Next One (mean of glycemia daily, not per meal). May be in Canada it was only that option we had at that time? Anyhow, after looking further it’s not the case (or not anymore). And will have a look at the apps suggestions you gave me. thanks all.

rom35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
apps suggestions you gave me.
I use "SiDiary" on iOS. You can log typical T2D parameters: BG, Weight, Blood pressure, Excercise, Note. You can set-up your targets and make the graphs for each variable, see the trends, calculate hba1c and much more.

There is no Spoon

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
ideas to start my new lifestyle diary.
I think it's a great idea.
It's so easy to loose sight of our goals when they take a long time to achieve .
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep":bookworm:

A diary can help you see that your always moving forward even if you still have a long way to go. You can see how far you have come. It can keep you honest with yourself.
Which is the hardest thing of all. ;)
:bag:

Ross.Walker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
sprouts, evil things
myfitnesspal is good, worth the full licence version. you can add custom fields. I used it for a year avidly and learned a lot.

Whatever tool you choose, stick with it. the results will help you learn a load

Ross