Hba1c

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi I’ve only been on insulin since May and I’ve had 5 hba1c tests prior during and since insulin November February May August November I’m just wondering how frequent people who are type 2 usually have Hba1c on insulin .thanks in advance kx

shoesy24

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Last hba1c was august next one feb. Not on insulin tho.

ixi1429

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not on meds. Diagnosed in June 2017 following Blood tests.
Had one in Oct and next one is later this month. I think the NHS likes you to have at least 2 per year but you can have them every three months. One of hte other more infomraed memeber can confirm or advise but I think the HBa1C is the longer term test and the medics like to have 3 months in between tests as it more accuretly depicts any changes.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The normal recommended regime is every 3 months when a new med is added until such time as the medication is found to be working and things are stabilising. It shows your care team is looking after you. :)

Reactions: dbr10

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Not on meds. Diagnosed in June 2017 following Blood tests.
Had one in Oct and next one is later this month. I think the NHS likes you to have at least 2 per year but you can have them every three months. One of hte other more infomraed memeber can confirm or advise but I think the HBa1C is the longer term test and the medics like to have 3 months in between tests as it more accuretly depicts any changes.
Hi, how do you arrange for them to be done?