Not open for further replies.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I go straight to morgue, straight to crem. No service, no time, no-one attending. Ashes disposed off by crem.....paid for. Sorted. Hubby to get on with living... he wont know when or where I burnt etc.
Its my party and I'll go out the way I want to...

I thiught Black Forest odd, but then again.. mine are too compared to a lot of other people... so gave benefit of doubt again.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought the daughter op and T1 strange but gave benefit of doubt.. and fact that Morriston hospital mentioned.. but again benefit of doubt given by me.

I still think there is another poster that may not be genuine but not 100% sure.. again given benefit of doubt at moment.

There are excellent con people in real life, so internet is no different.

Donnellysdogs - I appreciate you are a very experienced internet user, but when it comes to uncertainty over any given member or circumstance, it can be a bit of a jigsaw, piecing the picture together. If you have concerns, now could be the time to bring your suspicions onto the Mod/Admin radar.

Where multiple people serially give the benefit of the doubt, it has the potential to delay uncovering disingenuous activity.

Please don't think I'm giving you a telling off, or trying to coerce you into hitting the Report button, but please do consider it, sooner rather than later. At worst, the Mods have a bit of extra work, but the safety and security of our membership is incredibly important to and every single one of us.

Reactions: Rachox

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Sad though to think of people sat somewhere laughing whilst they write falsehoods and lies and take peoples emotions and just spit on them....

Reactions: Simon84

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I agree, DD if you have worries then please report. I'm sitting here feeling very guilty because I did have concerns as what I read didn't seem to correspond to my own understanding of diabetes . I did some googling using his name and was unhappy with what I found (basically what others have mentioned today) .I mentioned it to someone but got persuaded that I might be wrong and since I'm not really a regular on here anymore, I let it slide. .
This is the third time now that I've seen a similar thing so I should have said something. (there was one that spanned at least 3 diabetes forums over a period of a couple of years and caused emotional hurt to a great number of kind people who had befriended her)
It is unfortunately not uncommon and if not for financial gain might be labelled as a disorder in itself. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munchausen_by_Internet

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
On my iphone I just keep finger on the persons writing and it comes up with about 4 options- tap finger on report....

No idea on a computer, guess you may right click on the persons writing....

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@phoenix Google reveals a lot......... I was shocked at how long this sort of thing has been going on with a certain person

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I just Googled me seems I get about a bit.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I can't find my true self - but apparently I'm a florist, artist, author, dancer and there at at lest 45 of me on LinkedIn lol

One positive of all this is the bonding and coming together of the forum members - it's the nice bit of it :)

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Just saying, but it seems to me that if someone decides to become a troll to wind people up and creates a persona, and then another to increase the drama, then conceivably they might also create another one or more to ginger things along now and again. Then there's an 'outing' resulting in this thread and while the original personas can't join in because he/she is banned there isn't anything to stop the 'extras' from continuing on. And when we go on expressing our shock, dismay, hurt and so on - well - we are just feeding the troll what it likes best. Just saying.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
This will pass and when it's a dim and distant memory the forum will still be here so let them gloat while they can. They will get bored and move on.

Reactions: donnellysdogs

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It's good and right that people have been able to express their feelings about this incident. I for one feel sorry for those individuals involved....not excusing them by any means, but, really, that is how you get your kicks??? What I think about this whole episode is that it has brought to the fore what I love about this Forum, the genuine care people have for one another as sojourners on this journey of living with diabetes. I think you all are great people, so give yourselves a pat on the back, even though the Hubby still wonders if you aren't really my internet boyfriend:) :) (Just kidding - he is so happy for me that I am finally getting the support that I have wanted and needed for a very long time.) Blessings/L

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Just saying, but it seems to me that if someone decides to become a troll to wind people up and creates a persona, and then another to increase the drama, then conceivably they might also create another one or more to ginger things along now and again. Then there's an 'outing' resulting in this thread and while the original personas can't join in because he/she is banned there isn't anything to stop the 'extras' from continuing on. And when we go on expressing our shock, dismay, hurt and so on - well - we are just feeding the troll what it likes best. Just saying.
I was thinking the same but then you cannot distrust everyone who agreed with their post.
I think anyone asking for money from me will have better chance getting blood out of a stone.
Ive been offered money but said no thank you.
I dont take money from strangers. Never have. Even in student days.

Reactions: donnellysdogs

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I can't find my true self - but apparently I'm a florist, artist, author, dancer and there at at lest 45 of me on LinkedIn lol

One positive of all this is the bonding and coming together of the forum members - it's the nice bit of it :)
I was born in 1606, am a sultry brunette with a enticing smile, and something mysterious in Australia. Gadzooks!

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
This will pass and when it's a dim and distant memory the forum will still be here so let them gloat while they can. They will get bored and move on.

Absolutely nothing to do with this thread, so apologies for the derailment, but can I ask about your picture? Who is that man? Whats his story?

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Well I read the posts that Robbieswan Mrsrobbiesean posted and only posted once in reply on one of his early topics

I thought the deluge of topics and posts that continued from them was attention seeking and likely to be false

At first I sympathised then later smelled a rat

The support offered by many folk on this site to them was made in good faith

This site I have made many friends we have a laugh we have a moan and we all support in time of need

This is a great forum for us all

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I just want everyone to have a jolly good knees up, with singing, dancing and good food and booze after putting me in the ground, in a biodegradable coffin, with a lovely tree above me that’ll make the most of me-the-ultimate-compost!

Status
Not open for further replies.