Nocturnal toilet trips

Brodiebear

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabeties
I know that with T2, you can end up visiting the toilet in the night, but when i have to go its not for just a quick visit, its more like a good pint !, Sometimes twice in the night, where does it come from.

I know how Austin powers feels;

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
That'll be the sugar.

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
BTW those are some fantastic captures on your site. No prizes for guessing what your passion is!

D

Deleted member 308541

I have to get up a couple of times a night, I blame shift works for it from when I worked at the mines.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know that with T2, you can end up visiting the toilet in the night, but when i have to go its not for just a quick visit, its more like a good pint !, Sometimes twice in the night, where does it come from.

I know how Austin powers feels;

me too.

PS Fantastic photos. Do you go to the Welshpool airshow too?

leahkian

When i was type 1 diabetic i could go to the toilet up to seven times a night which was a real pain but even now after having a SPK transplant i still go at least once. If you are worried about how much urine you are passing then ask your GP to send a sample away to see if every thing is ok and you can get in contact with your local diabetes team and ask them what they think it might be.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When i was type 1 diabetic i could go to the toilet up to seven times a night which was a real pain but even now after having a SPK transplant i still go at least once. If you are worried about how much urine you are passing then ask your GP to send a sample away to see if every thing is ok and you can get in contact with your local diabetes team and ask them what they think it might be.
nothing sensible to add, but i just read your name as Leaky-Ian. lol

Kittycat_7_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I go to the toilet every half an hour, your right it's a largish amount too.
Hope this settles for you soon.

Ian_Laye

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, until I got my blood Glucose under control with low carb high fat diet,
I was visiting the loo every hour through out the night with enough urine to fill a reservoir lol.

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Whilst no wanting to state the obvious I would first ask how much fluid you are taking in and how long before going to bed yes Diabetes can increase urination but just like what goes up must come down. so what goes in must come out. Try not to drink after 7pm it works for me

Reactions: LadyLovely

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
My meds encourage urination for swelling. Like carb delays I often get meds working in a delayed fashion too.
All digestion motivated.
Some diabetics suffer with slow digestion due to nerve damage.

I have scatic nerves due to bulging discs so I think with diabetes for 40+yrs it all doesn't make normal peeing.
Urinary infections are common this time of year for people with low immune system too.

Neither wonder we're more tired this time of year!

hooose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I used to be 7 or 8 times a night before i got diagnosed, now its usually twice

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I used to get up once at night but now since i take nutmeg in a smal amount off full cream yogurt before bed time
I can make it from 11/30 till 7 am . ( nothing to drink after 7.pm supper )

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Apart from anything else I would advise that it is not sensible to take Furosemide late in the day as I have recently found out empirically.