Going to have to be stricter and count Carbs

tubamanandy

Just returned to checking my B/S before, 1hr & 2hr after meals.

It's clear that I need to start being MUCH more strict with my carbs - I know from previous tests that I can tolerate around 20gr of carbs per meal.

Just had a chicken based meal with a small amount of pasta (12gr not good) and my sugars went from 5.8 to 12.6 then 12.4 after 2hrs. I had `forgotten` I'd also had the small bag of crisps and a small pudding I gad straight after my meal!!!

Really need to start counting the carbs and stop kidding (unintentionally) myself

ashbash28

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@tubamanandy Don't worry, I've been carb counting and managed to get my levels down to 6.5 and below which was a massive improvement for me. I'm silly and have mushy peas tonight and it rockets to 9.1! Won't be having them again! I'm finding the strictness and routine hard to deal with but I know I just need to suck it up and get on with things too! Let's do this :)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just returned to checking my B/S before, 1hr & 2hr after meals.

It's clear that I need to start being MUCH more strict with my carbs - I know from previous tests that I can tolerate around 20gr of carbs per meal.

Just had a chicken based meal with a small amount of pasta (12gr not good) and my sugars went from 5.8 to 12.6 then 12.4 after 2hrs. I had `forgotten` I'd also had the small bag of crisps and a small pudding I gad straight after my meal!!!

Really need to start counting the carbs and stop kidding (unintentionally) myself
Why not try low carb bean pasta? It’s made by explore cuisine and the mung bean and endame fettuccine is only 11g of carbs for 100g I only needed 40g to give me a reasonable portion. You can get at Tesco and Sainsbury’s and gather Aldi have also started to sell their own bean spaghetti may be worth a try? Good luck

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I find that the really starchy foods, which have just carbs and nothing much else, are not as satisfying - loads of salad or heaps of veges give me far more nutrition and take more eating - they are not all that easily forgotten about too.