GTT test

harpo14

Type of diabetes
Gestational
I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes in the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy. I have received my appointment to do the GTT test again 6 weeks after the birth of my baby.

Almost everywhere I've read about this test being done not in pregnancy talks about what the results should be after the 2 hour mark. But the description of the test on my appointment states that they will do the blood draws every half hour for 2 hours after drinking that disgusting drink. I cannot see any information online for this test done half hourly.

So my question is, what should the results be for each half hour after drinking that? I know that if they're going to diagnose me they will - but I would like some idea of what to expect!

Thanks

Bluebell_GB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did a lot of research on this when I had my GTT. The only information I could find was that at the 2 hour point normal was 7.8 or under, impaired was 7.9 to 11 and diabetic was over 11.

My results are below (I tested myself every 15 mins as the nurse was only going to test at the start and 2 hour point). As you can see - a spectacular fail! However, don't despair if you get this sort of result. My HbA1c test last Friday came back today at 30 which is well within the normal range. This was achieved by a mixture of LCHF, weight loss and IF. Not easy but I am determined to enjoy my retirement without diabetic complications.

Regards

Bluebell

upload_2018-1-17_16-23-53.png