Cinnamon lowers insulin resistance?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve done a bit of reading about cinnamon and Type 2 Diabetes. There are mixed reviews on Amazon on the Ceylon Cinnamon tablets. Ceylon Cinnamon is supposed to be the best type. I’m going to order some soon, so I’ll report back.

Reactions: Kittycat_7_

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I Buy Ceylonese Cinnamon in Powder Form and use it in Greek Yoghurt and sprinkle it on my daily vegetable salad which has OLIVE OIL - CIDER VINEGAR AND SOME LOW CARB DRESSING I GRIND PEPPER AND ADD THE CINNAMON MAKE MY SALAD IN A lidded bowl for portion control and so I can put lid on and shake vigorously so that everything is covered in my dressing I leave in fridge for about 30 mins shake again and eat

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
I sprinkle some on my cream and berries. Also when I make a berry sweet egg bake (With sweetener)or sprinkle some on my coffee with cream

O_DP_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I usually add a teaspoon to my porridge in the mornings, in Greek yogurt with some sweeter as a snack or into my protein shakes. Love the stuff.

Reactions: Freema

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've always used cinnamon in my cooking and food preparation, so in fairly small amounts, and I also enjoy a drink of cinnamon tea, but whether it has any effect on me diabetes wise, I have my doubts as it obviously never did anything to help prevent me ending up here. But I do have to very careful about the amounts I consume as it can also give me bad nose bleeds if I'm not careful, given its blood thinning/anti clotting properties.

Robbity

Bananas 2

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
I've read more than one article on the subject of cinnamon... as well, for turmeric and couple other spices (including cumin).
Cannot confirm or deny the claims... but it sure is interesting.

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have read the most effective way to use it is to put it in herb tea, it will settle at the bottom and you can then discard it .
yet get the benefit from the cinnamon .I have used it this way for years . ca 1 teaspoon per 1.5 litre any tea ,

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
I drink cinnamon tea (Celestial Seasonings, Bengal Spice). Especially if I am sick. It makes me feels better. I don't know if it helps with insulin resistance but it sure tastes yummy!

Red_river_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have read the most effective way to use it is to put it in herb tea, it will settle at the bottom and you can then discard it .
yet get the benefit from the cinnamon .I have used it this way for years . ca 1 teaspoon per 1.5 litre any tea ,
Just as I put a teaspoon of cinnamon powder in my tea today as I also read cinnamon, ginger, turmeric helps bringing down bg. It tasted good, but I got bit of a shock to find sticky jelly-like stuff getting stuck at the bottom of the mug, while I thought I was drinking it away. Good to know still get benefit from it!