Weekly weigh in - Fridays

first14808

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
May I ask what scales you have? I have some new ones. I hate them!

Mine are these-

https://tanita.eu/products/body-composition-monitors/bc-601

Because they're for serious athletes.. and.. me. Who realised he'd got a lot of Argos points he'd forgotten about, and didn't pay RRP. Plus I wanted some that weren't tied to a 'Smart' phone app. Mainly because my phone's not that smart, and I wanted to be able to control who I shared that data with. And all the data's logged as simple plain text so I could throw it into a spreadsheet if I felt so inclined.

Potential downside is the hand bar.. That retracts into the base, but could be a bit inconvenient having to bend down for it every time. So solved that by converting a coat hanger into a gizmo hanger. And you turn it on by tapping the right black-on-black button on the base. So improves toe dexterity, and my big toes are now useful for more than just finding doors in the dark. I think there's 5 buttons, so family plus a 'guest'. Would be nicer if they were different colors to help aim, but a dab of paint or bit of post-it note works to help aim.

Reactions: rainbow79

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Almost exactly the same as last week at 63.6kg (0.1 higher) but my hip, chest and ‘muffin top’ measurements have all improved in the same period so the trips to the gym are paying off.

Planning a 2 week period of one meal a day as it’s proving difficult to shift the last bit of weight now that I’m close to where I want to be.

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Almost exactly the same as last week at 63.6kg (0.1 higher) but my hip, chest and ‘muffin top’ measurements have all improved in the same period so the trips to the gym are paying off.

Planning a 2 week period of one meal a day as it’s proving difficult to shift the last bit of weight now that I’m close to where I want to be.
Well done!

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Weighing in at 107.9 kg - down from 109.7 kg last Friday, -6.3kg in total since 7th Jan. The blood sugar diet going well & I feel loads better all round. Trousers starting to feel loose too - always a good feeling!

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Weight at diagnosis on 5.4.17 - 115.3 kg BMI 39.8
Weight today 65.7 kg BMI 22.6
Total weight Lost 49.6 kg

Not trying to lose any more - but hanging out on this thread as I try to maintain :)

Exactly the same weight as last Friday :) Removing the full fat yoghurt seems to have worked.

Reactions: ToveyKath

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Weight at diagnosis on 5.4.17 - 115.3 kg BMI 39.8
Weight today 65.7 kg BMI 22.6
Total weight Lost 49.6 kg

Not trying to lose any more - but hanging out on this thread as I try to maintain :)

Exactly the same weight as last Friday :) Removing the full fat yoghurt seems to have worked.

Well done

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Started. 144.20kgs (22st 8lb) 2nd Jan '17
Today. 122.50kgs (19st 4lb) 12th Jan '18
Lost. 22.30kgs ( 3.5st)

Today I weighed in as ....123.50kg so I've added 1kg. :(

Scales have been broken so had to buy another pair. This morning I'm 123.50kg and seeing bariatric dieticians on Thursday this week. :woot: :nailbiting:
I might be able to craw back 1kg by Thursday, if I'm lucky or maybe their scales may give me a surprise compared to my new ones?

I'm not giving up. It isn't an option for me! :shy:

In my only defence is I'm not on metformin due to upset tum and vomiting on it. I've taken advice and I'm restarting one tablet instead of 4 per day. I don't lose weight without metformin. Ever!

I'm still looking forward to next week weigh-in.
I've done it once, I'll persist til I start losing again and document in a blog so I cannot forget my method.
I have to have no carbs except unexpected ones in food I didn't expect. Metformin x4 and orilstat tabs. Effective pain relief for back. Refuse kidies treats when offered and a something from the local shop run from Mr ickihun. No buying anything with sugar in to avoid temptation.
And sweat in walking as much as possible without causing a heart attack.

PS. I have grip rubber socks coming for to be able to walk into swimming pool at a pool who caters for disabled safety. Seeing them Saturday for a wreckie. I'm going to give it a go. Wish me luck?
I miss swimming but I won't be swimming underwater, not yet anyway. :watching:

Reactions: Polgara

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
9 stone 12 pounds this Friday - another pound off delighted it’s still coming off on a steady basis. I would like to get down to 9:8 think that would be about right for my frame size not that it’s known it since in my twenties! Intermittent fasting this last week on 18/6 - rather than two days 23/1 which I had been doing for a couple of months. Think it may be good to switch methods round a bit so body dosent get used to a steady pattern!

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Started. 144.20kgs (22st 8lb) 2nd Jan '17
Today. 122.50kgs (19st 4lb) 12th Jan '18
Lost. 22.30kgs ( 3.5st)

Today I weighed in as ....123.50kg so I've added 1kg. :(

Scales have been broken so had to buy another pair. This morning I'm 123.50kg and seeing bariatric dieticians on Thursday this week. :woot: :nailbiting:
I might be able to craw back 1kg by Thursday, if I'm lucky or maybe their scales may give me a surprise compared to my new ones?

I'm not giving up. It isn't an option for me! :shy:

In my only defence is I'm not on metformin due to upset tum and vomiting on it. I've taken advice and I'm restarting one tablet instead of 4 per day. I don't lose weight without metformin. Ever!

I'm still looking forward to next week weigh-in.
I've done it once, I'll persist til I start losing again and document in a blog so I cannot forget my method.
I have to have no carbs except unexpected ones in food I didn't expect. Metformin x4 and orilstat tabs. Effective pain relief for back. Refuse kidies treats when offered and a something from the local shop run from Mr ickihun. No buying anything with sugar in to avoid temptation.
And sweat in walking as much as possible without causing a heart attack.

PS. I have grip rubber socks coming for to be able to walk into swimming pool at a pool who caters for disabled safety. Seeing them Saturday for a wreckie. I'm going to give it a go. Wish me luck?
I miss swimming but I won't be swimming underwater, not yet anyway. :watching:

I’m sure you can claw it back! Good luck

Reactions: Liam1955

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I too have been having scale problems as my old ones could give a difference of 4lbs in 20 minutes!!! So I ordered a new set which gave a bmi and body analysis. They were great but not all of the functions worked so I took them back and they've ordered me some more. So tomorrow morning I will post whatever my old scales make me and on Monday I will post what the new scales read. :)

Well done everybody. This group really is brilliant!!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I too have been having scale problems as my old ones could give a difference of 4lbs in 20 minutes!!! So I ordered a new set which gave a bmi and body analysis. They were great but not all of the functions worked so I took them back and they've ordered me some more. So tomorrow morning I will post whatever my old scales make me and on Monday I will post what the new scales read. :)

Well done everybody. This group really is brilliant!!
As long as the 4 pounds difference is less that’s good!

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning 153lbs last week and on my unreliable scales 151lbs this week. So for today a loss of 2 lbs! :) But will this last? Lol

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Will hopefully remember to weigh myself in morning. Mid week dietician weighed me 1kg less. I cannot wait for the result. ;)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning.

Very happy today - after a month of stalling, 6 consecutive days of one meal a day (dinner) has kicked weight loss off again with a 1.5kg (3lb) loss. Also took me over the 6 stone mark. So in @ickihun s format:

Started: 101.1kg (Dec 2016)
Today: 62.1kg
Lost: 39kg (86lbs, 6 stone 2lbs)

Gym is working as my body fat % is also coming down and the weight is slowly coming off my waist and hips.

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good morning.

Very happy today - after a month of stalling, 6 consecutive days of one meal a day (dinner) has kicked weight loss off again with a 1.5kg (3lb) loss. Also took me over the 6 stone mark. So in @ickihun s format:

Started: 101.1kg (Dec 2016)
Today: 62.1kg
Lost: 39kg (86lbs, 6 stone 2lbs)

Gym is working as my body fat % is also coming down and the weight is slowly coming off my waist and hips.
Good morning, & very well done - it's so hard when you get 'stuck'. Fantastic effort!