Type 1 Diabetics. I need some help please!

Gem_Gems

<b><font color="blue"><font size="3"><font size="2"><font face="Georgia">Hello everyone.

I'm a IDM diabetic & a student nurse. I want to focus my research project on diabetes, but I can't think of any ideas! I'm having a blank moment.

So does anyone have any questions they would liked answered? One's that health professionals haven't been able to answer in the past? Please let me know!

Thanks Gems :D</font id="Georgia"></font id="size2"></font id="size3"></font id="blue"></b>

Gem_Gems

<font color="green"><font size="3"><font face="Lucida Console">Yeah Sarah I had thought of that one, or maybe instead of MDI have a subcut cannula (same as CSII) meaning that MDI are a thing of the past.

Cool so theres one idea to think about! Thanks :)</font id="Lucida Console"></font id="size3"></font id="green">

bluebird

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Grumpy folks and taking tablets
Hi

Why do health professionals keep advising people with diabetes to avoid saturated fats and steer us towards transfats. Please look on this site for members' comments on transfats.

Val

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
On similar lines to Val's, why do professionals advise diabetics to keep to a high carbohydrate diet. All types of diabetics have problems fighting high blood sugar levels, so why move to a food regime that is guaranteed to make them even higher?

Fugs

Sub cut insulin doesn't work for me for some reason yet IV does - it takes a fortnight but once there it keeps me around 15 which for me is fab. I go hypo at 10.
I can't be the only person like this so why can't we have a portable iv pump that can be used via a hickman line?

Out of my mind,
Back in 5 minutes

>^..^<

clayton1180

hey,

i was diagnosed type 1 last year... and also have autonomic neuropathy... no too nice but there aint toomuch info on this what o exepct what to do.. so many questions and so fw answers... or if anyone else sees this and knows anymore although i should have degree in internet research lol..

lee

lee

fergusc

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Lots of good ideas there.
How about the benefits of low carb diets in homeostasis, blood sugar control and coronary heart disease risk factors?
Tell you what, we'll even write it for you!

All the best,

fergusc

sugar

Hmmm, might be a bit much to ask, but I have always wondered, why, if I eat the same thing, and have teh same insulin dose, my blood glucose isn't, well, the same! I have a few thoughts, being female, hormones play a part, as does (for boys too!) different levels of exercise. I know enough to know that things like this have a big impact, but it really does seema bit of a black art..and this is how my consulatnt describes things, so us meer mortals are really stuck sometimes!

Abi

Try looking at how diabetes is managed in hospitals and whether patients who are capable of doing so are positively encouraged to self manage rather than having to fight to do so

Rick

I did a very small project on the experience of late inset type 1 diabetes for a psych dissertation last year and going through old research papers and the like I found a massive hole regarding anything on them (me!). Just have a quick search on a few research papers and see if any gaps in knowledge appeal to you?