Surprisingly Tolerable Snacks from Aldi

hughinoo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Look great but I can't see number contents in peanut or sea salt bar pic even at full page. Can u post the back again pls

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Look great but I can't see number contents in peanut or sea salt bar pic even at full page. Can u post the back again pls

I can see them fully when I click on them. If I upload them again I don't know what to do differently!

Carbs in one bar of the peanut ones: 8.3g

Carbs in one bar of the sea salt ones: 5.9g

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the heads up. I'm looking for some lower carb snacks to pack in my rucksack when I go hill walking. These look ideal, and are cheaper than the ones I've been buying from Amazon.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think these may appeal to the same sort of person who occasionally has 85% cocoa chocolate. That has sugar in it. Surprisingly, in spite of the sort of ingredients you list, the last ones are even lower in carbs than 85% cocoa chocolate.

Certainly not ideal, but you know, all things are relative!
However, high % cocoa choc has the benefit of helping with insulin resistance, so it could be considered a useful additon to a decent low carb diet.

Robbity

Reactions: Ultramum

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the heads up. I'm looking for some lower carb snacks to pack in my rucksack when I go hill walking. These look ideal, and are cheaper than the ones I've been buying from Amazon.
I just mix some pecans macadamia and dark choco baking bits

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Not sure about the stuff but I've just nibbled or rather muched again on Itsu crispy seaweed thins (wasabi flavour) 0.6g carbs per pack (22 cals) and even I wouldn't want 2 packs. Bought at Sainsburys and reduced price at the mo

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just tried the sea salt ones and they are great.
Very luxurious and useful to keep in the handbag for a cafe stop with friends and those.. OMG everyone else is eating cake moments !

Reactions: Happyhomelands

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another Aldi snack for the cautiously sweet-toothed(!) is their Honey Roasted Peanuts.

They seem to be much lower carb than any other honey roast peanuts I've seen: 12g per 100g. A 30g serving is 3.6g carbs. Quite versatile, too - e.g. you can add them to trail mix for example to give it a bit of variety. Very cheap as well.

Reactions: Babydee00001

welovedzig

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Not sure about the stuff but I've just nibbled or rather muched again on Itsu crispy seaweed thins (wasabi flavour) 0.6g carbs per pack (22 cals) and even I wouldn't want 2 packs. Bought at Sainsburys and reduced price at the mo
We love these, esp. the wasabi ones :woot:

Reactions: daisyduck