A suprise

Canaote

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am t2 for some years. Three years ago I lost useful vision in my left eye. I have had difficulty in controling my diabetes. I have had professional advice.
I live in Venezuela. You may know that medicines have become hard to get in recent times. This morning I found myself out of Biofit, the Metformina Chlorhydrate with Glibenclamida.
I had, in a whim, bought, a bitter melon. I also bought seeds to plant.
I had read that bitter melon was active in reducing blood sugar.
My sugar levels when taking the 500/2.5 mg Biofit twice a day, average 190, not exactly well controlled.
Imagine my suprise this morning after taking a few ounces of pickled bitter melon to read 115 on my meter. I had not taken any other medicine, I had none to take. Ok a clinical trial of one. Just once.
I will be continuing to experiment and I will report back to this forum.
In the meantime, the bitter melon is tasty. I halved it, scraped out the seeds and soft material. I dropped it into boiling water for three minutes to reduce the bitterness. Then pickled in white vinegar. My fingers are crossed.

Jasperville

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I take bitter melon as a powder in capsule form, along with a lot of other supplements. Has definitely helped me, especially with readings after meals. so hope you can keep going with it.

Berberine also seems to help me, and possibly gymnema sylvestre (all bought as capsules/powder on Amazon).

very sorry to hear about your eyesight. Good luck.

Livefree

I am t2 for some years. Three years ago I lost useful vision in my left eye. I have had difficulty in controling my diabetes. I have had professional advice.
I live in Venezuela. You may know that medicines have become hard to get in recent times. This morning I found myself out of Biofit, the Metformina Chlorhydrate with Glibenclamida.
My sugar levels when taking the 500/2.5 mg Biofit twice a day, average 190, not exactly well controlled.
Imagine my suprise this morning after taking a few ounces of pickled bitter melon to read 115 on my meter. I had not taken any other medicine, I had none to take. Ok a clinical trial of one. Just once.
In the meantime, the bitter melon is tasty. I halved it, scraped out the seeds and soft material. I dropped it into boiling water for three minutes to reduce the bitterness. Then pickled in white vinegar. My fingers are crossed.
Anh update on it ?

Reactions: Olufisayo

Olufisayo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Going out. After closing from work, I relax at home.
Anh update on it ?

Thank you for this! Kindly oblige me a favour by posting a pic of bitter melon. I have read about it but have never seen one.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thank you for this! Kindly oblige me a favour by posting a pic of bitter melon. I have read about it but have never seen one.

Screenshot 2018-05-25 at 08.27.40.png

P

pollensa

This is truly interesting, as when I take GRAPEFRUIT which the University in California researches have shown, controls sugars supposedly same as metformin, I take half grapefruit each morning, when I do not take, my levels are higher strangely enough but totally normal and consistently when taking grapefruit, another thing, residing here in Spain, notice re diabetes yesterday also said a new lead had taken place regards a fruit grown here called Nispera there are two types of this fruit one with furry exterior another smooth, I have four trees of the fruit in my garden, I do not eat, as I do not like sweets and this fruit is very sweet, however, trials informed in spanish Paper, that this particular Nispera has proven to give lowering levels of sugars re diabetes, so perhaps I should rush out with my basket and start and eat the very sweet nispera? Your surprise seems to be working, as you say keep a control, as within, I can happily confirm, taking my graepefruit no added sugars simply the grapefruit, every day, whether breakfast and/or after lunch or dinner evening, the levels are always normal low after eating compared to normal higher level when grapefruit not eaten, so we have magic in the fruits, perhaps better than
the metformins?

Lovely you have shared this very interesting news, keep this uptodate I am sure many will be interested as I am.

Reactions: mmt5962