Advice for new pump user

ladydresden

Hi, I'm about to switch over to a meditronic paradigm veo pump and I'm looking for opinions of current users. For example, has it made management easier, and is it worth getting the mini-link transmitter for CGM with it. Any advice or info you can offer would be great. Thanks, :D

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Am about to make the same switch - will be interested in any replies out there.... come on Veo users, let's be seeing you! :wink:

Sam.

ladydresden

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Basically I'd like to know how easy it was to get used to, to use and how quickly did you manage to get a fantastic HbA1c of 6.9. And do you use the CGM transmitter with it?

Cheers. :D

meela83

Hello
It is really easy to use, there are features that are a little more complicated but you dont need to worry about these initially. I had already got my HbA1c down to a good level from 14.9 by doing DAFNE but I was having way too many hypos. The pump has sorted that and I wouldn't go back to injections for love or money! I don't have a CGM and don't really fancy it to be honest. Have you been able to have a look at one of the pumps or even different types? The decision was made for me as I want to start a family so the option of having CGM was seen to be important by DSN. The most important decision of course is what colour pump you are having lol.
Hope this helps, any other questions let me know.
Meela