Grrrr.....

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A well-meaning friend has just emailed me this link which I presume they got by googling 'downsides of LCHF', although the article is nearly a year old and is from South Africa: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.za/asu...hf-diet-that-you-have-to-consider_a_21642272/

This paragraph really exercised my blood pressure: LCHF diets also tend to promote insulin resistance or impaired insulin function. For people with diabetes, this is really bad news. What is even more concerning is that LCHF dieting can be misleading because when people with diabetes are on such an eating plan, they may experience reduced blood sugar levels. But this happens due to low starch intake and has very little to do with insulin controlling blood sugar. Poor insulin performance is masked by low blood sugar levels resulting from low starch intake rather than potency of insulin.

I give up!! :arghh::grumpy:

Reactions: dbr10

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Direct your freind to the leading light in South Africa, Prof. Tim Noakes. Tell her about his court case, of his five and a half day testimony that led to his (and LCHF) exoneration.

Reactions: Jemz and dbr10

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
"LCHF dieting can be misleading because when people with diabetes are on such an eating plan, they may experience reduced blood sugar levels."

And this bad? Sheesh

Reactions: dbr10 and bulkbiker