Lantus

Saeeda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone it's not bin a good start to the day for me.i woke up with really high sugars - 18.6!
I tested a few times to make sure the machine was working.i couldn't understand why it was so high.tgen I realised- last night I took my humalog b4 my meal and planned to have my lantus later became we were out.i forgot!!so I missed last night's lantus.what do I do now

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm probably over simplifying, but I'd ignore Lantus until regular time this evening, and take an adjustment of bolus to get back on track.

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Lantus, I actually take my background insulin in a split dose. You could have half your normal dose of background this morning then have your usual dose tonight? Be extra careful of running low until tomorrow. Good luck

Reactions: Saeeda

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm probably over simplifying, but I'd ignore Lantus until regular time this evening, and take an adjustment of bolus to get back on track.
That's what I do if I don't take my Lantus (I used to have great problems remembering whether I'd taken it or not and never wanted to accidentally double-dose) just up the bolus to cover it.

Reactions: Dodo and Saeeda

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone it's not bin a good start to the day for me.i woke up with really high sugars - 18.6!
I tested a few times to make sure the machine was working.i couldn't understand why it was so high.tgen I realised- last night I took my humalog b4 my meal and planned to have my lantus later became we were out.i forgot!!so I missed last night's lantus.what do I do now

Hi @Saeeda ,

If you are certian that you forgot your Lantus last night & if (for instance.) like me you do your Lantus around 11pm?
Take half the normal dose & keep a close eye on the blood sugars for the rest of the day...

Reactions: Picci and Saeeda

spaceman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
well i take my Lantus at 4pm every day and now a novorapid at 7 pm . honestly you wouldn't believe the reading on my BG 7.0 bf.breakfast best its been for years . i told by GP last week he was ok about it.

Last edited:

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's what I do if I don't take my Lantus (I used to have great problems remembering whether I'd taken it or not and never wanted to accidentally double-dose) just up the bolus to cover it.
Had my diabetic review this week and explained to the nurse exactly the situation you state here. As she is renewing my Echo Novopens, I said how useful it would be to have something similar for my Lantus. She is going to get in touch with Saniflo who produce the Lantus Clikstar pens but I've not seen anything on their website.