Moving Country or Traveling for a Long Time

Agraham1826

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi just looking for some advice or if anyone has any knowledge. I’ve always wanted to travel and at some point would like to move abroad. However I know that this means it’s going to make my diabetics very expensive how would I go about getting my medication etc and how much would it actually cost?

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We travelled round Europe in our camper van in 2010. At that time I managed to persuade my GP to give me 6 months supply of medications - but I'm on tablets, with nothing that needed refrigerating (though we do have a fridge). Then I got a friend to pick up a repeat prescription and a relative who was coming out to see us brought the medications to me.

I know of people who get repeat prescriptions filled by friends who then post the meds out to a post office abroad. I can order mine online from my GP, then someone has to collect and post for me.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Hi just looking for some advice or if anyone has any knowledge. I’ve always wanted to travel and at some point would like to move abroad. However I know that this means it’s going to make my diabetics very expensive how would I go about getting my medication etc and how much would it actually cost?

Be more specific, especially with a permanent move. Where?