What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Side effects from medication
diet hot chocolate with heavy cream
4 breakfast sausages
2 fried eggs
4 slices bacon
1 slice rye toast with butter
2 coffees with 2 sweeteners and half and half cream
30 grams kobasaa
diet pop
vanilla cream cheese fat bombs

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

Thursday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol. Three scrambled eggs with mushrooms and fennel, about 75g of lamb.

Lunch: Nothing.

Snacks: About 5 macadamias and 2 squares of 85% chocolate.

Dinner: A wiener sausages, half a low-carb roll with butter, a large plate of cornsalad with Caesar's dressing, parmesan and fried mushrooms. One and half glasses of red wine. One hour on the elliptical trainer later.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 4.9 FBG was also 4.9. Pool fixed and back to swimming and Aqua Fit again.
B. Back to DD no bread breakfast sandwich. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Nothing
D. Roast chicken , wilted spinach and probably cauliflower cheese mash.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all.

Breakfast - none

Lunch - bag of pork crunch and small bar Coop 85% chocolate

Dinner - fat head pizza with pepperoni topping, 2 squares Lindt 90%

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Friday evening all I’ve being waiting the two hours to check my bg levels on trying the spaghetti version of the bean pasta and it’s good news just put up my bg by 0.1 !
On 18/6 so no breakfast
Lunch smoked salmon omelette cooked in coconut oil
Dinner bolognese with bean spaghetti -with 2 glasses of red wine, it’s friday ! - followed by coffee and 2 hotel chocolate 100% cocoa buttons.
If I can keep up my one pound average weekly weight loss I’ll be at my personal target in four weeks and bgs moving more into fours so all good thanks to this low carb way of eating.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
9.00 a ramekin of pate, with a spoon :hungry:
14.00 pork tongue. Haven’t had it for YEARS. Had forgotten how delicious it is! My mother used to do lamb’s tongues with onion when we were kids. Loved them too.
18.00 pork mince formed into a burger with a smear of tomato puree, a smear of dijon mustard and some grated cheese. I also (stupidly) had a spoonful of the fried onion rings i did for Mr B. Regretting them now!

Edited to add: and a glass of goatsmilk kefir

Last edited:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

Friday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol. Two scrambled eggs, roasted vegetables, a tablespoonful of hummus and about 90g of fried lamb.

Lunch: Nothing.

Dinner: Out at our favorite tapas place. Mussels in a spicy tomato sauce, lamb skewers with a bit of green bellpepper, some Manchego cheese, one and half glasses of dry red wine and two rather large sips of my hubby's pilsener.

Hungry again when we got home, so I had a wiener sausage and some low-carb chocolate mousse with whipped cream.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.00 a ramekin of pate, with a spoon :hungry:
14.00 pork tongue. Haven’t had it for YEARS. Had forgotten how delicious it is! My mother used to do lamb’s tongues with onion when we were kids. Loved them too.
18.00 pork mince formed into a burger with a smear of tomato puree, a smear of dijon mustard and some grated cheese. I also (stupidly) had a spoonful of the fried onion rings i did for Mr B. Regretting them now!

Edited to add: and a glass of goatsmilk kefir
What a great picture that creates in my mind. Pate with a spoon. Since I love pate its a tempting one - especially my sister's home made one with oodles of garlic. Yum!

Reactions: Brunneria

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well bed 5.2 and FBG was also 5.2. To be honest not a lot is going on with my BG . Worst today was 6.3 and I forgot to take my meds as well.
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream. Was off to swimming with No 1 grandson after that.
L. Went for my usual DD no bread sandwich and another coffee before heading out shopping.
D. Still had roast chicken from yesterday so chicken , left over best every cheesy cauliflower, 3 mini plum tomatoes, tablespoon of coleslaw and Helmanns.
I've taken my afternoon meds but despite the food I'm hanging about at 4.8. As I said previously , if this keeps up I think I'll need a medication review.

Reactions: ziggy_w

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
18/6 still so no breakfast - sticking with it for now.
Lunch smoked salmon omelette fried in coconut oil
Dinner home made chicken curry and a piece of Hilo seeded low carb bread fried in coconut oil
A gin and soda water with lime
About to have coffee with cream and my usual 100% cocoa choc treat

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Liver in full swing today - dumped all morning and took an age to get down to my normal levels despite fasting and an early morning trip to the gym.

Started my one meal a day - aiming for a full two weeks to see if I can start losing weight again. So no breakfast or lunch.

Dinner was brined chicken leg with cauliflower cheese and a dessert of chocolate chia pudding with cream.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Liver in full swing today - dumped all morning and took an age to get down to my normal levels despite fasting and an early morning trip to the gym.

Started my one meal a day - aiming for a full two weeks to see if I can start losing weight again. So no breakfast or lunch.

Dinner was brined chicken leg with cauliflower cheese and a dessert of chocolate chia pudding with cream.
Good luck with the new way of eating hope it’s not difficult for you. I found today was so cold and grey I had to work hard to keep to away from breakfast and needed my lunch!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck with the new way of eating hope it’s not difficult for you. I found today was so cold and grey I had to work hard to keep to away from breakfast and needed my lunch!

Thanks. I’ve done it before but takes some willpower. I was also hungry today - was definitely ready for dinner!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Any idea what is causing the dump? I thought you were well past that.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Any idea what is causing the dump? I thought you were well past that.

So did I! I usually get a small rise and head down pretty quickly but not today. No obvious cause although I did wake up very sweaty in the night, so wonder if I went a bit low and the liver over reacted.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
9.00 coffee substitute and lamb broth
14.00 steak with stilton and a dab of butter
20.00 glass of goatsmilk kefir

Blimey - How many calories is that @Brunneria ? I'm not a calorie counter, but my gut feel say unless the steak was of Fred Flinstone dimensions there could be quite a shortfall there.

That or I'm just a skinny old hungry horse!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Blimey - How many calories is that @Brunneria ? I'm not a calorie counter, but my gut feel say unless the steak was of Fred Flinstone dimensions there could be quite a shortfall there.

That or I'm just a skinny old hungry horse!

Haha! I hadn’t given it a moment’s thought. But i just looked it all up on Tescos website.
I figure about 7-900 cals plus the fat on the broth and the cream.
Don’t worry, i’m not starving myself :D And yesterday i ate 3 meals, but then only felt like eating once today.

Have been reading up on this Zero Carb thing, and naturally drifting into only eating when hungry seems a common feature. Like keto, but a bit moreso.