Type 1 Carbs

jackors

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Just wondering if 2.1carbs on banna bread muffins mean just that or is it 2.1 carbohydrate portions any ideas would be appreciated

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Got a pic so we could understand a bit more? I highly doubt you could find a banana bread muffin that low! x

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just wondering if 2.1carbs on banna bread muffins mean just that or is it 2.1 carbohydrate portions any ideas would be appreciated

What is the actual recipe? If you posted a link to it we could help out. Your question currently is a bit like me asking you if I have a big bottom. I might. I might not, but you can't possibly tell on currently disclosed information.

Reactions: EllieM

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If it is a low carb recipe then it is possible that it is correct but as said above if you can give more information about the ingredients it will be clearer.

woodenone46

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is very low particularly as bananas are high carb fruit. Just googled low car banana muffin & the lowest i can find per serving is 12.2

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is what I found when I looked up nutritional values for a banana muffin

NUTRITION INFO
Serving Size: 1 (990 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1

AMT. PER SERVING % DAILY VALUE
Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g 9%
Sugars 13.6 g 54%

They're the 2 values I use, carbs are pretty high and the 'of which sugars' are around half the carbs so also pretty high, I'd not eat that :)

Remember 'sugars' are simple carbs, and 'carbohydrates' are complex ones, complex as in it takes longer for your body to digest them, matching your insulin release (in theory).