CBD Hemp oil

alisonhe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, has anyone used CBD Hemp oil as a supplement to improve health? I have read that this oil can potentially have health benefits for diabetics and am very interested, if you do use it and have some feedback, please can you let me know?

Many thanks, Ali

Email address removed. Anyone who wants to contact the OP can do so via PM or post on this thread.

Reactions: bchabfan and SBB1

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi alisohne. I'm also interested in this - but it's a minefield out there!

I have no idea how to get CBD oil that is high enough in CBD to produce any positive results, or whether it is best to ingest, or vaporise and inhale the stuff.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, though.

alisonhe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I have no idea how to get CBD oil that is high enough in CBD to produce any positive results, or whether it is best to ingest, or vaporise and inhale the stuff.

I get the impression the idea is to ingest like Udos oil, I hear that Real Scientific is high enough in CBD but ii is mega expensive!

rharding93

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I know this is an old thread but have any of you experimented with CBD in the past year? I'm very curious about the potential benefits/ changes to insulin requirements for type 1's!

Rachel

SBB1

I have found a few health food shops that sell CBD, but I don't know if they would be strong enough. I live in the North West of England, where are you located? I might be able to point you in the right direction.

nosweets

Hi I use flax seed oil for nerve damage and it is noticeably effective, but I had to take it for several months before I noticed the difference. I don't know what effect it would be having on my blood sugar.

alisonhe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have found a few health food shops that sell CBD, but I don't know if they would be strong enough. I live in the North West of England, where are you located? I might be able to point you in the right direction.
I’m in the south east of England, have you tried it?

alisonhe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I use flax seed oil for nerve damage and it is noticeably effective, but I had to take it for several months before I noticed the difference. I don't know what effect it would be having on my blood sugar.
That’s interesting, I use ground flax seeds in my baking - low carb breads, it’s a good ingredient and with breakfast at times. I used to eat them whole but have recently learnt they are better ground as your body is more able to absorb it. Do you get pain? If so, have you tried MSM powder?

nosweets

Not sure what MSM powder is?
Ive looked it up. MSM does sound good for reducing inflammation and some other problems so I may try it. However I have jsut started taking L-Arginine which is like a miracle as it has stopped my neuropathic pain immediatly. The articles say that it works by increasing blood circulation.

SBB1

I’m in the south east of England, have you tried it?
Yes, I am currently using CBD oil for nerve damage in my neck. I bought it from a place called Health Rack. I found the store on my high street. I think you can buy online through them, they also may have more stores across the UK.

Reactions: Carl13128

Aramisfist

Ive looked it up. MSM does sound good for reducing inflammation and some other problems so I may try it. However I have jsut started taking L-Arginine which is like a miracle as it has stopped my neuropathic pain immediatly. The articles say that it works by increasing blood circulation.

Hi can you tell me more about arginine? Does it affect blood sugar in any way?

Ladyblue74

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, has anyone used CBD Hemp oil as a supplement to improve health? I have read that this oil can potentially have health benefits for diabetics and am very interested, if you do use it and have some feedback, please can you let me know?

Many thanks, Ali

Email address removed. Anyone who wants to contact the OP can do so via PM or post on this thread.
Interesting question - I'm diabetic and had a nasty melanoma operated on last year, my Onco surgeon knew I might have trouble healing due to my diabetes and Warfarin, I had quite a big skin graft that failed and left me with an open wound. I took advise from an alternative practioner and started taking "Love CBD Entourage" capsules and the wound started healing at twice the rate the surgeon anticipated. I have continued taking it as the difference in my memory is outstanding, however I have to report that nothing has changed in my diabetic numbers which is a disappointment - it's a powerful product and although it hasn't helped my diabetes it's certainly a powerful supplement and worth trying, also be aware that there are a lot of inferior products being sold at a high price, do your research!

Reactions: Twini