Lo-dough?

statler

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
salad
Just browsing Facebook when the above popped up in the ads. Seams far too good to be true? Anyone tried it?

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
How much?

£24 sale price down from £28 for 14 pieces. I piece is 28 grams.

Quick calculation makes that £71.43 a kilo full price.

Unless I have misread something.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Never heard of it either.. although somewhere saw a recipe that used wheat gluten rather than flour... can't recall where.. at 8% carb its a bit like a Lidl hi protein roll though and they are much cheaper.. for pizza just use fathead dough...

ObscureMH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Tried it today, having bought a trial pack of 2 for £5. Made a nice light pizza base. Took their advice and gave it a quick browning in the frying pan (almost dry fry really with spray oil) before cooking pizza in the oven. Was nice to have pizza after a long time and low carb at that.1 bread wrap is 7.9g according to them, and I had half with my non-diabetic son - he liked it BTW - as it was just a lunchtime snack.
Going to try the other one as a wrap tomorrow.
However, it is very expensive and think I'll try the fathead before buying this again.
Really need someone to work out the "secret" recipe of lo-dough so it can be made cheaper as decent pizza base.
Hope that helps.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Forget dough for pizza - those who eat it seem to find the fathead pizza base not only satisfactory but have to fight off the rest of the family who find it preferable to the bread base.

ObscureMH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My mistake. They are 2.2g carb per piece, 7.9g per 100g. Had it as a wrap today. Tried one half raw and half browned. Better when browned. Ok as a wrap but nothing special and certainly not worth the money. If fathead doesn't work for me though I'll just get these for the occasional pizza as I did like it for that.

tubamanandy

Never heard of it either.. although somewhere saw a recipe that used wheat gluten rather than flour... can't recall where.. at 8% carb its a bit like a Lidl hi protein roll though and they are much cheaper.. for pizza just use fathead dough...

Fathead dough ??