Type 1 Freestyle Libre

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows since the freestyle Libre kit is now on prescription how you enable yourself to be able to get it. I have been a type 1 Diabectic since the age of 3 (now 32) and good control. I was told by my health professional to wait and have kept asking when I will be able to get it and all I’m told is ‘don’t know’ is there a process or something I have to do to get access to it does anyone know?

Many thanks

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hi
frestyle libre only seems to ava on nhs for pregnant diabetic mums
we were told by a very good source .
sorry but will down to u to try but will cost as you no, about £150-00 with 2 sensers
trust me it is a great kit . can give you a very good idea how you do at night and if you drive
but as per normal some persons do not like it
this is the west suffolk area
i keep one sensor for very bad illness ,or pump problems .
vic
on insulin 60 years
please reply would be nice to now hear your veiws

Mona2060

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi there we have been told it is very much s postcode lottery and very much dependent on local authority we are going to try the freestyle self funded for my 11 year old and see if it suites as it doesn’t suite some people

Jkm2010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My consulatant confirmed the following.

Anyone on a pump will not qualify
You need to prove you can test more than 8 times a day as NICE have agreed this is the cost numeral point.
To qualify you need to prove you have a significant lack of hypo awareness.

Good news for those who really need it but any one with good control can expect to carry on as normal.