Foot pain

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi everyone,

I’ve looked back at some old posts but thought I’d start a new one for any thoughts... I’m experiencing some unusual for pain, despite having the best control I’ve ever had.

I’ve suffered with plantar fasciitis in the past so it’s not that. This is more tingling/sensation and yesterday I had a shooting pain in the ball of my foot. I know my circulation isn’t great as i suffered particular when skiing due to the cold.

I’ve worn flats rather than heels all day today and am still in discomfort.

Any advice welcomed

ann34+

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi everyone,

I’ve looked back at some old posts but thought I’d start a new one for any thoughts... I’m experiencing some unusual for pain, despite having the best control I’ve ever had.

I’ve suffered with plantar fasciitis in the past so it’s not that. This is more tingling/sensation and yesterday I had a shooting pain in the ball of my foot. I know my circulation isn’t great as i suffered particular when skiing due to the cold.

I’ve worn flats rather than heels all day today and am still in discomfort.

Any advice welcomed

it may be that you have explained this yourself.........."despite having the best control I’ve ever had." If v gd control now, did you have a spell of just a bit worse control a while ago?? Have you had type one less than 15 or 20 years?
...... it was years ago now when i had these sort of sensations regularly, when my control improved to excellent after a few weeks of being just a bit out due to a virus or out due to just nothing special, then i had 2 or maybe 3 weeks of what you describe, including the shooting pains and even, sometimes, what felt like electric shocks down my legs, sometimes prickling all over my feet etc, then things would settle. i thought it possible that the poorer control had disturbed peripheral nerves, and that things were getting to be fully functioning again. It was pointless talking to doctors as they thought i was very well controlled all the time, and i was, compared with many people, but if i went a bit out, that was what happened. i came up with the explanation above, , it may not have been correct. But it fitted, and became a pattern for some years........

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
it may be that you have explained this yourself.........."despite having the best control I’ve ever had." If v gd control now, did you have a spell of just a bit worse control a while ago?? Have you had type one less than 15 or 20 years?
...... it was years ago now when i had these sort of sensations regularly, when my control improved to excellent after a few weeks of being just a bit out due to a virus or out due to just nothing special, then i had 2 or maybe 3 weeks of what you describe, including the shooting pains and even, sometimes, what felt like electric shocks down my legs, sometimes prickling all over my feet etc, then things would settle. i thought it possible that the poorer control had disturbed peripheral nerves, and that things were getting to be fully functioning again. It was pointless talking to doctors as they thought i was very well controlled all the time, and i was, compared with many people, but if i went a bit out, that was what happened. i came up with the explanation above, , it may not have been correct. But it fitted, and became a pattern for some years........

Thank you for your reply, that’s really helpful. I’ve had Type 1 for 23 years. Previously it’s not been awful but my HbA1c hasn’t been as good as it is now.

Reactions: ann34+

Moveski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
i would think you have a alight neuropathy. if it' too low I know my girlfriend complins about electric shock feeling comming from her feet. if it's too high she gets aches pains and just feels all around sick. lots of exercise, water and eating well should help alot..

Kikeena_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
i would think you have a alight neuropathy. if it' too low I know my girlfriend complins about electric shock feeling comming from her feet. if it's too high she gets aches pains and just feels all around sick. lots of exercise, water and eating well should help alot..
I seem to get more tingling when my control is good and my sugars low. Does anyone else experience this? Or know why it happens? It's really scaring me.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I seem to get more tingling when my control is good and my sugars low. Does anyone else experience this? Or know why it happens? It's really scaring me.
I'm a real tingler in my feet up to my knees... is that a knee trembler? hahahaha, but seriously it's weird. I've got tingly hands that sometimes tingle up to the elbow. TBH, I haven't noticed a difference if BG is high or low. I'll try and pay more attention.:playful:

Reactions: Kikeena_

Kikeena_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've been tingling for months, try and see a doc this week if poss. Can it be treated with meds?
I've seen the doctors but they have nothing to offer except heavy duty pain killers. I want to prevent progression.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I've seen the doctors but they have nothing to offer except heavy duty pain killers. I want to prevent progression.
I went to see my doc and sucked out some blood, he suggested it might be a lack of vitamin B12 and follic acid

Reactions: Kikeena_
K

Katie Pod

Mytype1,
This is a very common symptom that my diabetic patients tell me about. You need to discuss this with your GP who will prescribe appropriately.
Flat shoes may help by distributing the weight more evenly on your feet.

Reactions: mytype1.life