What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Bubbsie We took Louie and Elle to vets yesterday and got the blood test results back later same day, Louie's Struvite crystals have gone thank goodness but he must remain on the dietary food for another 3 months. Chad thought Ellie could be starting with Cushing disease but again it's not,but further investigation needed so back again today, her ear infection has cleared so we will see what happens after the blood tests.
We thought it was an eventful day and we went shopping and had our evening meal at a local pub and thoroughly enjoyed it, but on arriving home my daughter phoned in floods of tears she looks after her sons dog for them and Benji had Cushing disease and he took ill yesterday and suddenly collapsed and died. We were all so very upset Has Benji was our grandsons and his wives baby they never had cannot tell you how upset we all are for everyone and Benji,we took them last night to a 24 hour veterinary practice has theirs was closed and they have arranged for him to be cremated has they have no garden to put him in. What a days ending is there no end to this awful new year,I know being a dog lover you will understand the upset, not everyone does.

My blood sugar at 8.10 am this morning was 6.9 and I'm not surprised! K
Oh K what a dreadful day of contrasts for you all... positive news on Louie & Elle...devastating news for your daughter & her family...yes absolutely I am a animal lover..as you know there's Harry & the grumpy old cat...also had many before them...it's one of the things I dread about having pets...when they get ill...or when we have to make that awful decision...I've had to do it many times and it never gets any easier...I really am so very sorry to hear such bad news...and understand completely how upsetting it is...the loss of any companion is hard...I'm sure most would understand & relate to that...my old cat lasted just a year after our move here from London...I had him sixteen & a half years...he was another member of the family...we were all crushed by our loss...really really saddened by your news.

Reactions: karen8967

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.0 this morning........snow falling outside....brrrrr..wrap up warm if you are out and about today!Hope things are better for you@Cumberland,take care.
Freezing here Glenmac...snowing...had to do extreme housework to warm myself up...not one of my favourite things...hope the Lorry drivers were quiet last night & you got some restful sleep...no plans to go out...maybe just a short dog walk later

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning. Had a bumpy few days, no time in the morning until today to post! Anyway, yesterday I was 8.4 and today is 7.6 Still too high but at least its down a bit. Hoping for a better week ahead.
Hope all of you are well and not too cold!
At least it's coming down KOT...hope the family are recovering well...7.6 given the last few weeks you had that's pretty good...hope your BGs continue to reduce...and you don't have to go out in this weather...snowing here...started off lightly...now seems to be coming down in bucket loads.

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
At least it's coming down KOT...hope the family are recovering well...7.6 given the last few weeks you had that's pretty good...hope your BGs continue to reduce...and you don't have to go out in this weather...snowing here...started off lightly...now seems to be coming down in bucket loads.

Thanks @Bubbsie , I have had fbgs in the 8s this week, so as you say, its the right direction. We had a good visit to an oncologist with my grandson this week and we are really hopeful. Just waiting on some tests to come back. But I am sleeping better.

We have sleet here. Just enough to make everything wet and really cold but no snow to make it look pretty. Stay tucked up and warm!!

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I often have to back step to get a longer succession of great bgs. However 6s are still perfect. I understand why you need lower to start your rising day but don't worry. Tomorrow will be better, they always are after a few days of hard work.
You know how your body goes by now. Work with it. I know you. You will have this in 5s by next week. No pressure just give this diabetes a good kick hun.

thank you sweet Wicki thanks for all your support also to many others you have a very kind spirit

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @Bubbsie , I have had fbgs in the 8s this week, so as you say, its the right direction. We had a good visit to an oncologist with my grandson this week and we are really hopeful. Just waiting on some tests to come back. But I am sleeping better.

We have sleet here. Just enough to make everything wet and really cold but no snow to make it look pretty. Stay tucked up and warm!!
Snowing buckets here...KOT you've had/got enough stress to shoot those BGs through the roof at the moment...you're doing well to keep them in single figures...there are times we must prioritise our families...it's so difficult waiting for test results...positive thinking & some restful sleep will help...wishing the very best for a wholly reassuring outcome for you & your family...take care.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!

@Kentoldlady1 Hope you get very positive news or your grandson, forgive me but with everything I've had to deal with since Nov 2017 I'm not able to recall what is wrong with him I sincerely hope you get more good and positive news, we all need has much good news has we can get. I'm back to hospital on Tuesday and hope I too get some good news too,my thought and wishes go with you and will be thinking about you all! Kathleen

Reactions: Freema