Got there. Off meds now!

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Two years ago at diagnosis my HbA1c was102 (11.5%) it is now 46 (6.4%). Three months ago it was 48 (6.5%) and my lovely GP reduced my Gliclazide by 50%, today because my BG has continued to improve she stopped my gliclazide and will review in three months.
I queried if coming off gliclazide (a sulphonylurea) would mean I no longer qualified for free test strips under NHS rules. Her reply, bless her, was - "WE decide what's best for you."
I've to continue to monitor my BG and if it seems to be rising to contact her and she'll try alternative meds as there are many. She's a very clued-up young lady when it comes to diabetes.

I ought to pay tribute to DCUK and contibutors to discussions, as my adoption of a LCHF diet has played a very major role in my management of diabetes and I'm firmly convinced that had I continued to follow the initial NHS dietary advice (the eat badly plate) my BG levels would not have improved to their present level.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ultramum and wiflib

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Wowzer! What a terrific result, you just won the Premier Cup. Well done that man and great to hear about your doc, too.

Reactions: Robkww and ziggy_w

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Wonderful work you’ve done really well it’s hard climbing the mountain but great when you get the rewards well done

Reactions: Robkww

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent, well done you ... and good that your doc is on the same wavelength. It is inspiring to hear from someone who has been taking one of the "beefier" T2 drugs and managed to reduce, then eliminate it, through diet only.

Reactions: Robkww