Statins in new health alert

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for posting this. I’m on Amlodipine one of the blood pressure drugs mentioned that clash badly with Simvaststin. Another string to my bow for my next ‘statin convo’ with my GP!

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Thanks for posting this. I’m on Amlodipine one of the blood pressure drugs mentioned that clash badly with Simvaststin. Another string to my bow for my next ‘statin convo’ with my GP!

You will probably know more about statins than your doctor does... :)

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
whats new.
A car hurtling through space with a dummy behind the wheel listening to David Bowie.
None of us could have seen that coming!

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
true. i wonder who had to decontaminate it they are not meant to send germs into space.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
If you suffer with fatty liver (or most liver disorders) ANY drug absorbs differently. Also diabetics can get slow digestion from nerve damage so this interfere with absorption, in some.
Not just Statins.

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Rampril had me blacking out. it was a very odd feeling standing up and then waking up lying down.

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Rampril gave me a terrible cough, didn't stay on it long. A colleague at work also had a hacking cough so I asked him if he was taking it, the answer was yes. Told him to go to GP and get it changed.

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm allergic to ACE inhibitors so can't take ramipril - I found out the hard way!

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Rampril had me blacking out. it was a very odd feeling standing up and then waking up lying down.
Blacking out is seriously risky, not in itself but as regards what you may hit on the way down. I once fainted and hit the side of my face on a wash basin. I was wearing metal framed spectacles, and they cut in to my face millimetres from my eye. I ended up with a black eye, and damaged almost new spectacles, but I could have been blinded. The actual experience of fainting was odd, as you say, but not unpleasant. I would advise anyone who feels they may be about to black out to get down flat on the ground asap. This will bring you round and also avoid damage.