What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

Saturday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol. A wiener sausage. Half a low-carb roll with butter.

Late lunch: A wiener sausage with low-carb ketchup and mustard. Two pieces of flat bread with butter and half a low-carb roll with butter. Two small pieces of low-carb cheese cake.

Dinner: Nothing to eat, but two glasses of red wine.

Also bought an unripe mango yesterday. Tried a small piece yesterday and it's not very sweet, more like an apple. Will try some today with full-fat Greek yoghurt and see how I will react to it.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 5.2 FBG 4.9. Weird yesterday. BGs hung about 4.8 for hours on end. Kept checking with finger jabs and they were not moving. Libre is very close to the jabs.
B. DD no bread breakfast sandwich and Tassimo Americano Grande with a dash of cream.
L. Nothing
D. Bit smoked salmon and prawns. Beef stroganoff (Rick Stein's recipe) with celeriac chips and my usual campari and soda and a wee prosecco.
Very icy underfoot this morni g. Hubby has already been out salting ours and neighbours paths and pavements. Was really difficult trying to get salt yesterday.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
18/6 again - staying with it for now.
Lunch bacon egg and mushrooms fried in coconut oil
Dinner steak, mushrooms in cream sauce and tomatoes plus 2 glasses red wine
Planning one scoop of oppo ice cream later vanilla flavour with some 100% cocoa choc grated in to it!
Best thing about low carb healthy fats is that you get to eat the best bits of the meals and not the cheap filler bits - missing these carbs less and less over time, used to regard them as comfort food.
Freezing here with snow this morning and sleet this afternoon - not been tempted to go out!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Much more normal BG today and far less hungry.

Another fasting day so no breakfast or lunch.

Dinner was a small tin of wild Alaskan salmon with mayonnaise, baby leaf and rocket salad with a couple of baby plum tomatoes, followed by my new favourite thing: lightly toasted Lidl protein roll with butter and crunchy almond butter. Delicious. Oh, and a couple squares Lindt 90%. The best thing about one meal a day is the totally indulgent dinners.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

Sunday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol. A wiener sausage with low-carb ketchup and mustard. Half a low-carb roll with butter.

Late lunch: Cornsalad with Caesar's dressing, parmesan, and fried mushrooms. Vegetable soup with oxtail.

Dinner: Nothing.

Late night snack: Assorted cheeses, two olives, a tiny slice of low-carb cheese cake and half a glass of red wine.

suehatton

No breakfast
Mid morning handful of pistachios
Lunch 4 seedy thin crackers and cottage cheese
Dinner chicken korma no rice but Lidl protein roll instead. Small ice cream.
Not ultra low carb today but Im enjoying not feeling obliged to choke down breakfast in the name of health.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope all well. Inspired by @Goonergal i did a 23/1 day today (one meal a day) I did it for a month last October/November and then until last week continued it twice a week before moving on to 7 days of 18/6 last week. I’m ringing the changes- going to do 23/1 when I’m strong enough and on difficult days do 18/6 and see if I can fool my body! I’m only about 4-6 pounds away from where I want to be and hoping this will give it a shove! It seems harder when you are a more healthy weight but think I need to come down a little bit! I’ll see what results.
So dinner - chicken stir fry using 20g of explore cuisine endame bean pasta which is really thin so threw it into sauce to cook and it was delicious. I’m buying more while it’s on offer - it’s a brilliant noodle substitute. Followed by coffee and cream and 2 100% cocoa buttons.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all.

Third day of one meal a day and a challenging one. Was absolutely ravenous by dinner time but pleased I didn’t give in. Hoping I am over the hump and it will get easier from here.

Dinner was Waitrose lamb kleftico (lamb shoulder marinated in lemon, garlic and rosemary). Very tasty and only 1g carbs per 100g. Accompanied by a small portion of cauliflower cheese and buttered cabbage. Dessert was chocolate chia pudding with cream.

@shelley262 I agree it’s harder to lose weight once you’re closer to your goal.

Looked for the 100% cocoa buttons in Hotel Chocolat at the weekend but couldn’t spot them.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all.

Third day of one meal a day and a challenging one. Was absolutely ravenous by dinner time but pleased I didn’t give in. Hoping I am over the hump and it will get easier from here.

Dinner was Waitrose lamb kleftico (lamb shoulder marinated in lemon, garlic and rosemary). Very tasty and only 1g carbs per 100g. Accompanied by a small portion of cauliflower cheese and buttered cabbage. Dessert was chocolate chia pudding with cream.

@shelley262 I agree it’s harder to lose weight once you’re closer to your goal.

Looked for the 100% cocoa buttons in Hotel Chocolat at the weekend but couldn’t spot them.
You may need to ask in hotel chocolate where they are - they have them in cooking section with cocoa nibs and drinking choc etc not easy to spot. Well done you on sticking to it it tends to be harder when working too. I had a project on today - I only do a few jobs based at home as I’m a carer - and found it hard especially as a bit frustrating at times but at least I could distract myself!

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
Two slices of wheat bread two fried eggs

Lamb stew.

Three ryvitas with laughing cow cheese triangles.

Reactions: shelley262

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wee bit higher yesterday (probably down to Sunday alcohol) bed 5.8 FBG 5.6.
B. Still on DD no bread breakfast sandwich. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Remains of the smoked salmon and prawns from yesterday.
D. Remains of The Rick Stein beef stroganoff from yesterday on its own. Last of a tub of Perfect World taste of carrot cake ice cream.

Suffering from lack of appetite again. Youngest grandson isn't well so I hope he's not going to share with everyone.

Arlmy

B two boiled eggs without the yolks , half an avocado, 2 cups of tea with milk SSkimmed

Snack two celery sticks coated in almond butter

L Mackerel smoked with steamed broccoli, cauliflower,carrot and two Brussels sprouts tossed in cider vinegar

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed on 5.1 last night FBG 4.7. Decided on a change today.
B. 3 rashers of back bacon and a fried egg. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Slice of red Leicester cheese.
D. Hubby has made pea and ham soup. A bit carby for me but I think I'll get away with it. Won't be having any low carb bread though.
2 squares Lindt 90% Excellence.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
after 3 days enforced fasting (Gut Rot again. Such a joy)

8.30 small mug homemade chicken soup
14.00 small mug homemade chicken soup
and probably 20.00 small mug homemade chicken soup

Can't beat a winner

Reactions: maglil55

suehatton

No breakfast
Snack 2 flatbread cracker thingies under 5 carbs each
Lunch chicken salad with coleslaw
Dinner tiny bit of beef stew and somebody ate the last of my tiny 8g carb ice cream so I treated myself to a sliver of Vienetta because I suspect the same somebody scoffed the last of the strawbs too

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
23/1 again bit easier today exceptionally busy so went quickly!
Dinner beef casserole on bed of mushrooms and half a Lidl protein roll fried in butter to dip in the sauce! coffee, cream and 2 x choc buttons 100% cocoa
Hoping to do 23/1 again tomorrow will be very busy again so hoping will not get hungry.......

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Suffering from lack of appetite again.

I’m the opposite. Unusually hungry.

Like @shelley262 on one meal a day. And today’s dinner ended up being a large one.

Ate the planned sea bass fillet with sautéed onions, courgette and broccoli followed by chocolate chia pudding with cream. Was still hungry so waited a bit to see if it would pass. Unfortunately not, so defrosted a Lidl roll and had it lightly toasted with some butter and almond butter. Should see me through to tomorrow night!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m the opposite. Unusually hungry.

Like @shelley262 on one meal a day. And today’s dinner ended up being a large one.

Ate the planned sea bass fillet with sautéed onions, courgette and broccoli followed by chocolate chia pudding with cream. Was still hungry so waited a bit to see if it would pass. Unfortunately not, so defrosted a Lidl roll and had it lightly toasted with some butter and almond butter. Should see me through to tomorrow night!
Keep it up you’re doing great and sticking to low carb options well done