Life with Libre

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Assuming you just want the BG data and not the soft stuff like food, carbs etc, you can do it via Diasend.

The app automatically uploads to libreview web server. If you have a Diasend account you can 'connect' to libreview and it'll drag the data to Diasend servers. You can export from here.

Alternatively you can install the Diasend upload software on the Mac and upload into Diasend direct from the reader.

HTH

Kate_B

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
War, news
Assuming you just want the BG data and not the soft stuff like food, carbs etc, you can do it via Diasend.

The app automatically uploads to libreview web server. If you have a Diasend account you can 'connect' to libreview and it'll drag the data to Diasend servers. You can export from here.

Alternatively you can install the Diasend upload software on the Mac and upload into Diasend direct from the reader.

HTH
Thanks Barry,

I'll take a look at Diasend and see if that works for me.

Kind regards
Kate

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
If you are in the UK you may find your hospital is already a Diasend user and they have or could setup an account for you. That's how I got mine, bit afaik you can create one for yourself. You can still grant your HCP access to it should you wish.

Kate_B

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
War, news
If you are in the UK you may find your hospital is already a Diasend user and they have or could setup an account for you. That's how I got mine, bit afaik you can create one for yourself. You can still grant your HCP access to it should you wish.
Thanks Barry,

I am in Qatar, so unfortunately there’s no NHS here and the doctors here have no clue..

I am managing with the graph for now.

I checked out Diasend but it does not appear to support Freestyle Libre. Do you have a Libre?

Kind regards
Kate

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes it does and yes I do.

You download and install the 'uploader' plug on the libre reader and off you go.

Reactions: Kate_B

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Anyone else have Libre sensor orders 'on hold'? They have a message online saying that unprecedented demand has led to a shortage in reserve stock. It's over 1 week now since I ordered and I'm still 'on hold'. No idea at the moment when my order will appear. Looks like I'm back to finger jabs again for a while.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone else have Libre sensor orders 'on hold'? They have a message online saying that unprecedented demand has led to a shortage in reserve stock. It's over 1 week now since I ordered and I'm still 'on hold'. No idea at the moment when my order will appear. Looks like I'm back to finger jabs again for a while.
Hi maglil I had this problem before Christmas; I ordered on 5 December and got the response that there was a two week delay due to demand. In the end my order arrived on the 16th. They didn't, as far as I remember, mention a problem with reserve stock at that time, just high - or unprecedented, can't remember - demand. Hope you get yours in time.

Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi maglil I had this problem before Christmas; I ordered on 5 December and got the response that there was a two week delay due to demand. In the end my order arrived on the 16th. They didn't, as far as I remember, mention a problem with reserve stock at that time, just high - or unprecedented, can't remember - demand. Hope you get yours in time.
Fingers crossed. I run out this weekend. So used to them it would be weird without it.

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
Hi @hh1

I’ve just checked my latest order (thanks to your warning) - it’s also on hold.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @hh1

I’ve just checked my latest order (thanks to your warning) - it’s also on hold.
I wasn't surprised to see a delay before Christmas as most people I know with prescription needs stock up before the Christmas/New Year holidays, but this shortage does seem to be running on. I suppose it could be due to them being available on prescription from November, but considering the hoops you have to jump through to get them on prescription (at least in my CCG area) I wouldn't have thought that would be the case. And surely there'd have been some contingency preparation for that? I'm not on facebook but friends of mine who are tell me Abbott are continuously advertising Libre there...who knows...hope you get yours in time too, Ledzeptt.

Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wasn't surprised to see a delay before Christmas as most people I know with prescription needs stock up before the Christmas/New Year holidays, but this shortage does seem to be running on. I suppose it could be due to them being available on prescription from November, but considering the hoops you have to jump through to get them on prescription (at least in my CCG area) I wouldn't have thought that would be the case. And surely there'd have been some contingency preparation for that? I'm not on facebook but friends of mine who are tell me Abbott are continuously advertising Libre there...who knows...hope you get yours in time too, Ledzeptt.
They are indeed and all that's doing is getting a lot of moaning about how you can't get it on the NHS, it's too expensive, it falls off, it doesn't work, it's ok for Teresa May etc etc. I stay out of it. There is no reasoning on social media sometimes. I'm with you though in that chances of getting it on the NHS in the foreseeable is nil so I choose to make savings where I can so I can self fund it. At least it is VAT free and you don't need as many strips. Ah, such is life.

KenBachelor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cheese
They are indeed and all that's doing is getting a lot of moaning about how you can't get it on the NHS, it's too expensive, it falls off, it doesn't work, it's ok for Teresa May etc etc. I stay out of it. There is no reasoning on social media sometimes. I'm with you though in that chances of getting it on the NHS in the foreseeable is nil so I choose to make savings where I can so I can self fund it. At least it is VAT free and you don't need as many strips. Ah, such is life.
At least the test strips are available on the NHS

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If anybody in round here's short, I've got a couple of spares.
Thanks for the offer Ken. I've come off 'on hold' now and it's being dispatched. They still haven't answered any of my 3 emails though just asking for an idea of issue as on hold wasn't helpful.
They send it with DPD so I should get them on Thursday.

Kate_B

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
War, news
Yes it does and yes I do.

You download and install the 'uploader' plug on the libre reader and off you go.
Hi Barry,
I’m back from holiday now and this morning I went to the Diasend.com website, downloaded the Uploader software onto my MacBook Pro, rebooted and tried to connect my FreeStyle Libre reader. However the Uploader Software just sat there trying to find the Reader. I tried the other USB port, but same result.
I checked the Diasend website and it says it doesn’t support the FreeStyle Libre. The Diasend Uploader version I downloaded is v3.1.1 (R3b10).
Can you tell me what Uploader version you are using please.
Kind regards
Kate

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Kate

I'm running v3.1 on Windows.

I've taken a screen shot (on my pc) and will add it in a mo.

Diasend have a very helpful support team. Worth giving them a call.

HTH

Reactions: wobbles

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Screenshot from 2018-01-27 08-26-12.png

Kate_B

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
War, news
Thank you to everyone that assisted me in getting the data from the FreeStyle Libre.

As I'm an Apple user, it wasn't easy; in the end I resorted to using the online upload from an MS Windows laptop and then it can be accessed from the LibreView website and from there a CSV file can be downloaded.