ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I never thought in a million years I wouldnt be able to walk without pain or strong painkillers.
I never even touched a paracetamol unless in a cold remedy if I was highly congested and running a temperature due to virus.

I just cannot wait for my intrepid good health to reverse and any hint of improved less demanding diabetes management. (Tell me diabetes doesn't progress, it did for me but I'm happy to forfeit big eating for a longer life.)
One day I may not be able to have the assist of metformin, you never know with this disease.
I'm happy to edge my bets, just in case.

Instability is my only enemy.

D

debrasue

Ron and I went to pain clinic a few weeks ago , and there the nurse said about long term affects of opiates . What @debrasue has said it so true . Ron has already told the nurse that he no longer has any appetite, plus he was told that she wouldn't be recommending any of the stronger ones like morphine because it carries it's own serious problems . Ron has to be weaned of amatryptyline because to just stop it would cause him to suffer from side effects . She has however written to gp to say she wants Ron to carry on with dihydrocodeine and tramadol rotation every 4 months. She will see him again in April. It's not giving much relief from pain and nurse said its as good as he's going to get. To be in constant pain does take its toll , lack of sleep being the Main one , again he was up at 2am. Fingers crossed for tomorrow's phone call from Derby hospital.
Poor Ron... And the worst part about it is that, because nobody has taken the time to really get to the root of it all but has simply thrown drugs at it, now one can't help but wonder how much of the problem has been actually caused by the drugs.
I really do feel for you both, Tina.
Sending big hugs xxx

Reactions: tina_marie

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yes, I'm sure the hospital will be aware of the problem. It's just unfortunate that neither the GPs, the hospital or the consultants see it as their job to advise and counsel patients on this issue in advance, rather than waiting for it to become a problem and then shunting people off to psychologists or psychiatrists. Prevention is always better than cure, in my book.
NHS are having to do both. Treat those once it happens and prevention but its costing a fortune as doing both is double the job.
So to get around it people obese are refused ops. And that's where hell starts! :(

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Poor Ron... And the worst part about it is that, because nobody has taken the time to really get to the root of it all but has simply thrown drugs at it, now one can't help but wonder how much of the problem has been actually caused by the drugs.
I really do feel for you both, Tina.
Sending big hugs xxx
I agree.
His GP should have woke up from the start to help him. I think if Ron weighed heavy like me I'd expect the nhs blockage but he wasn't and he was active on the out starts. Neglect really.
How many more have been neglected and blame self damage?
Ignorance has caused most of it. NHS ignorance, I feel. :(
Like @tina_marie has always said they weren't being listened to. Arrr!!!

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
When the hospital ring tomorrow I will post on here and let you all know what there going to do . Hopefully we will get some answers .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I think they make sure some suffer so that it puts them off getting obese again. However if you do all you can to slim without fail and in fact add weight while the NHS take a stand its death or just be in hell eh?

It looks like if you lose any weight and they see you crucifying yourself, you get more help.
I've always helped myself but when you carnt exercise it knocked my confidence which psychologist helps me work on. I wouldn't want to come over aggressive as I'd be very very upset.
Off swimming hopefully next week. I must put my foot down for the money set aside. Humf!
I know only £21 including transport but on a tight budget as Xmas money is now on decorating and clothes/shoes. I bet many known what I'm saying as its January.
I was asked today who would look after our birds when we are on holiday. I had to say what holiday?
I feel this time with young kids is very very important I waited decades for kids so having them looked after 24/7 would completely break my heart. Just would be nice if an opportunity came up for a holiday, I'd have to take it. No matter the cost to decorating or other essentials.
I think I'll ask him upstairs for a holiday after my op. (6wks hols?) ;)

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Ron has more waiting to do . He won't get an appointment to go to Derby till March as they are very busy due to having loads of referals.

Reactions: shez

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
This was me 30weeks ago.

I think I'm losing my enthusiasm but not my conviction.

I think I've waited long enough to know whether I'll see a surgeon or not. I hope I hear in february whether I've passed tier3 stage. I think they waiting for more weight loss.....me too.
My Prayers are with you in great abundance for your surgery, Vicky.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Yes, I'm sure the hospital will be aware of the problem. It's just unfortunate that neither the GPs, the hospital or the consultants rarely see it as their job to advise and counsel patients on this issue in advance, rather than waiting for it to become a problem and then shunting people off to psychologists or psychiatrists. Prevention is always better than cure, in my book.
Hugs to you, Debra, and my prayers for your convalescence.

Reactions: debrasue

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Ron has more waiting to do . He won't get an appointment to go to Derby till March as they are very busy due to having loads of referals.
Hugs and Prayers to Jesus, our Risen Lord and Messiah, to you and Ron, Tina. Blessings and best wishes to you for ever and ever.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good Morning, my lovely friends on Type II Life,

I'm so sorry I haven't logged on. My awesome Acer Chromebook Laptop Computer stopped working last Tuesday morning and my friend Steve (who has NVQ's in electronics/ICT says it might be due to the fact that I overcharged it and burnt out the internal battery. My Care Coordinator/Corporate Appointee are going to see if they can get it repaired or for a replacement to be bought for me. In the meantime, I've been logging on at my local public library or round my friends' Lilian and Gary's house, the latter being two bus rides away in South West London.

A lot has been going on on Diabetes.co.uk in my absence and my prayers are in the process of re-enforcement for Vicky, Ron and Debra.

And today, Saturday 27th January 2018 Anno Domini at 8:10 Ante Meridian Greenwich Mean Time at Lilian and Gary's Brixton terraced house I will have achieved 65 days (over 2 months!!) of abstinence from smoking of tobacco.

Much love to you all in the name of God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ with my thoughts and best wishes,

From,

@JohnnyBaker12021970 , a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome, maths learning disability and type II diabetes mellitus xXx.

D

debrasue

Good Morning, my lovely friends on Type II Life,

I'm so sorry I haven't logged on. My awesome Acer Chromebook Laptop Computer stopped working last Tuesday morning and my friend Steve (who has NVQ's in electronics/ICT says it might be due to the fact that I overcharged it and burnt out the internal battery. My Care Coordinator/Corporate Appointee are going to see if they can get it repaired or for a replacement to be bought for me. In the meantime, I've been logging on at my local public library or round my friends' Lilian and Gary's house, the latter being two bus rides away in South West London.

A lot has been going on on Diabetes.co.uk in my absence and my prayers are in the process of re-enforcement for Vicky, Ron and Debra.

And today, Saturday 27th January 2018 Anno Domini at 8:10 Ante Meridian Greenwich Mean Time at Lilian and Gary's Brixton terraced house I will have achieved 65 days (over 2 months!!) of abstinence from smoking of tobacco.

Much love to you all in the name of God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ with my thoughts and best wishes,

From,

@JohnnyBaker12021970 , a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome, maths learning disability and type II diabetes mellitus xXx.
That's brilliant, Johnny - really well done!

You should give yourself a massive pat on the back for persevering with this, because I know how hard you have struggled with quitting smoking in the past. It's wonderful to see that your perseverance, determination and prayers have really paid off this time.

Hugs x

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Good Afternoon, my friends, @ickihun, @13lizanne, @debrasue, @eldergarth, @tina_marie, and @TooManyCrisps,

I'm posting to let you know that I'm now 59 Days Quit from tobacco smoking and tomorrow I'll be a whole 60 Days Quit which is exactly two months of abstinence from any tobacco misuse products. I'm also doing a gym tryout at Brixton Recreation Centre with a qualified fitness instructor this coming Friday at 3pm. And I've just started a supported learning newsletter writing course for people on the autism spectrum/learning disabilities and this coming Thursday is session 2.

So far today I had 2 slices of cheese on toast for my breakfast and two slices of cheese on toast just now for my lunch. My blood glucose is a very good 6.8 mmol just now even though I forgot to take my morning meds and Lixisenatide GLP-1 injection.
That is fantastic news Johnny keep up all that hard work and thanks for all your kind thoughts and prayers for me

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good Morning, my friends on http://www.diabetes.co.uk Type 2 Life,

I'm now 69 Days quit from the smoking of Holborn Yellow Smooth Taste tobacco.

I'm also logging on to the forum from my local library. To get my laptop fixed the repair shop require a twenty pounds deposit plus parts and labour. My Carer from Holistic Community Care took it in there yesterday. My Corporate Appointee will release that extra twenty pounds in addition to my seventy pounds personal allowance next Tuesday.

God bless all of you, my lovely, fine friends.

Lots of love from @JohnnyBaker12021970., a sufferer of challenging and concerning Asperger Syndrome. xXx.

Reactions: Petaluk

john john

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I am returning after a long absence and not sure where to start, any help would be greatful .

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Why not re introduce yourself in the greetings section then any friends from the past will know you are back on board.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I took my morning Metformin and also my Lixisenatide glucagon-like peptide injection this morning and I'm now 71 days quit from cigarette smoking. So far, today, I've eaten 4 Sainsbury's Basics, Weetabix and milk and sweetener (granulated) and a bangers and mash ready meal by Sainsbury's Classic Mini and a can of Sainsbury's Basics chili con carne.

I've also ingested 3 glasses of tap water and 4 mugs of decaffeinated coffee.

Reactions: heh

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I took my morning Metformin and also my Lixisenatide glucagon-like peptide injection this morning and I'm now 71 days quit from cigarette smoking. So far, today, I've eaten 4 Sainsbury's Basics, Weetabix and milk and sweetener (granulated) and a bangers and mash ready meal by Sainsbury's Classic Mini and a can of Sainsbury's Basics chili con carne.

I've also ingested 3 glasses of tap water and 4 mugs of decaffeinated coffee.
Excellent effort with the non smoking Johnny!

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I'm now 72 days Quit from smoking cigarettes and last had a roll up on Thursday 23rd November 2017 AD at about quarter to one in the afternoon. I've made a decision to change my place of religious worship from the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses to St Stephen's Church in St Stephen's Crescent round the back of South Lambeth Road in Stockwell near to my flat. Too many of my C of E and Christian Friends warned me the JWs are a religious cult and that's not where I would like to worship Jesus, the risen Lord. I'm getting very excited about going tomorrow and meeting Bill again who is the Vicar and enjoying a coffee after the service. I attended a C of E primary school as a little boy and got baptized by immersion and confirmed in the early noughties at Christ Church North Finchley near where I grew up in Finchley Central.

So far today I've eaten a pepperoni deep pan pizza and drank two coffees which were decaff.

Lots of love from Johnny (Asperger Syndrome and Type II Diabetes Mellitus sufferer) xXx.