Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
It's a distressingly common thing I'm afraid. I belong to a sailing forum and one of the members died. She was a fairly wealthy woman. Her husband, who was also a member of the forum, organised a wake at their home after her funeral and one of the several forum members who turned up was a con artist. He'd established a relationship on the forum as somebody who was friendly and approachable, but when he came to the funeral he stole some valuables from the house and it then emerged that several other members had been pitched various sob stories online and had "lent" him some money which, of course, they never saw again.

Lowest of the low - I don't think the Police ever caught up with him so he's still out there, somewhere.

I think that those who prey on the vulnerable or on those who tend to see no bad in others must have something missing in them. Something that makes the rest of humanity decent and empathic. It is so very sad.

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think that those who prey on the vulnerable or on those who tend to see no bad in others must have something missing in them. Something that makes the rest of humanity decent and empathic. It is so very sad.
Lack of empathy is one of the classic defining factors of sociopathy. Personal charm (which can get switched on and off in an instant) is another, which is often used to devastating effect in online Forums and - particularly - in business.

I have a bit of a bee in my bonnet about this, but in my years as an HR bod I developed the need and the ability to identify and handle sociopaths (given guidance, they can do much good) and to see red flags when their flawed personalities were leading a business into trouble. As an example, I am not surprised that a number of Donald Trump's businesses have ended in bankruptcy....

Reactions: Guzzler

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lack of empathy is one of the classic defining factors of sociopathy. Personal charm (which can get switched on and off in an instant) is another, which is often used to devastating effect in online Forums and - particularly - in business.

I have a bit of a bee in my bonnet about this, but in my years as an HR bod I developed the need and the ability to identify and handle sociopaths (given guidance, they can do much good) and to see red flags when their flawed personalities were leading a business into trouble. As an example, I am not surprised that a number of Donald Trump's businesses have ended in bankruptcy....
I'm afraid I've taken this thread slightly off-piste. In my defence, some of the colleagues that I alluded to, above, gave me many sleepless nights......

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
The more the merrier @jay hay-char .
I'm hoping my sleepless nights will be a thing of the past.

Advised to read up on sleep hygiene.
It's advised to only day nap for 20mins. Its going to kill me as when I'm shattered only sleep with help. Pain relief too can be hit and miss so lying down in comfort can be my only relief.
I have to resolve this bad sleeping routine in time for my op. I can see why as everyone needs a routine and deserve good quality sleep.
I just hope this helps as I'll be very very moany and unhappy til I get a better routine. My poor family. :(
I will consciously make a huge effort not to moan too much.
Please god I hope this works quickly.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Twice now I haven't been able to take the opportunity of 20mins naps instead of 3hrs due to exhaustion from effort and pain.
Restarted codeine and paracetamol pain management yesterday evening. It took a while to get to sleep even without a day sleep last night but only stired at 7am this morning. :)
I hope everyone slept much better too.

Reactions: jay hay-char

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Ron was up yet again due to being in pain .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Ron was up yet again due to being in pain .
It will take its toll.
Have you slept OK or been up with him?
Walked in snow to get kids to school and I'm totally shattered and my lungs are aching with all the exertion. We got in just in time. I was hopingbto meet my mum in town for a chat but I cannot do it now. I need to get rid of this awful pain in my lungs. After a hot drink and defrosted feet I might feel differently. Otherwise listening to Mr ickihun all day if housebound. Argh!!! I need a break from his constant chatter. Its hard work listening 24/7. I wish he shared the load with his friends, all of them. Ha ha
Once I can feel my feet I'll put the kettle on. Had co-codamol and codeine at 7am so too soon to take anything for this aching, heavy lungs. Drowsy due to codeine in the warmth. I feel like I've really suffered this winter with bugs and laryngitis. Back pain and everyone making demands. I told GP that I'm pulled in too many directions at mo. Bariatric hoops have stressed me out but only because of being in pain, on top. Otherwise I can cope with demanding people. I have young kids and a clingy partner. Jobs in past pressurize for more than one person can deliver with very little breath for delegation. I'm used to lazy people watching same thrifty people do their part too.
Mr ickihun helps as much as he can so no complaints at home even thou a job never finished unless I'm 100%. I understand the difference between laziness and capabilities.
Shame the anti-diabetes crowd doesn't. I hear some nasty stories on here of nasty words to teenagers. I'm so glad not a teenager today. Ignorance is classed as entertainment (Jeremy kiley and those tv benefits serieses). What a grotesque world we live in. Money for new defense ships and expenses but people suffering in a&e and at home due to shortage of beds in hospitals due to no family support or caring friends.
An intelligent country like ours hasn't worked out that community and family support shouldn't be seen as a weakness. Durr!
Happiness should never be compromised in the elderly or vulnerable. Are we going back to the Victoria era of workhouses and poverty? Eh yep!
Food banks are the equilevant of workhouses.
What have we become?

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
It will take its toll.
Have you slept OK or been up with him?
Walked in snow to get kids to school and I'm totally shattered and my lungs are aching with all the exertion. We got in just in time. I was hopingbto meet my mum in town for a chat but I cannot do it now. I need to get rid of this awful pain in my lungs. After a hot drink and defrosted feet I might feel differently. Otherwise listening to Mr ickihun all day if housebound. Argh!!! I need a break from his constant chatter. Its hard work listening 24/7. I wish he shared the load with his friends, all of them. Ha ha
Once I can feel my feet I'll put the kettle on. Had co-codamol and codeine at 7am so too soon to take anything for this aching, heavy lungs. Drowsy due to codeine in the warmth. I feel like I've really suffered this winter with bugs and laryngitis. Back pain and everyone making demands. I told GP that I'm pulled in too many directions at mo. Bariatric hoops have stressed me out but only because of being in pain, on top. Otherwise I can cope with demanding people. I have young kids and a clingy partner. Jobs in past pressurize for more than one person can deliver with very little breath for delegation. I'm used to lazy people watching same thrifty people do their part too.
Mr ickihun helps as much as he can so no complaints at home even thou a job never finished unless I'm 100%. I understand the difference between laziness and capabilities.
Shame the anti-diabetes crowd doesn't. I hear some nasty stories on here of nasty words to teenagers. I'm so glad not a teenager today. Ignorance is classed as entertainment (Jeremy kiley and those tv benefits serieses). What a grotesque world we live in. Money for new defense ships and expenses but people suffering in a&e and at home due to shortage of beds in hospitals due to no family support or caring friends.
An intelligent country like ours hasn't worked out that community and family support shouldn't be seen as a weakness. Durr!
Happiness should never be compromised in the elderly or vulnerable. Are we going back to the Victoria era of workhouses and poverty? Eh yep!
Food banks are the equilevant of workhouses.
What have we become?
I woke at 4 to find he wasn't in bed . He was sat in his recliner he said he had pain all over his body. He's up and dressed now . We're taking his mum to hospital later for more cancer treatment. Got to go out anyway and fetch his meds . Will try not to bump into him today unlike yesterday. Couldn't believe it just brushed past him and he's clutching his arm in pain. I went back to bed but didn't sleep . I know we carers should take better care of ourselves but we tend to put others first that's just the way we are . I'm a wife,mother, carer , housekeeper, cook, bottle washer upper. Spent the majority of my life doing for others . Sleep when I can . Ron and I are a team we can't be without each other .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I woke at 4 to find he wasn't in bed . He was sat in his recliner he said he had pain all over his body. He's up and dressed now . We're taking his mum to hospital later for more cancer treatment. Got to go out anyway and fetch his meds . Will try not to bump into him today unlike yesterday. Couldn't believe it just brushed past him and he's clutching his arm in pain. I went back to bed but didn't sleep . I know we carers should take better care of ourselves but we tend to put others first that's just the way we are . I'm a wife,mother, carer , housekeeper, cook, bottle washer upper. Spent the majority of my life doing for others . Sleep when I can . Ron and I are a team we can't be without each other .
I know. A brilliant team at that! ☺☺☺

Reactions: tina_marie

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Taking a while to nod off at night but once asleep I'm sleeping til 5.30am turning over or getting up.
Still haven't done 20mins nap technique but hoping now in less pain (less effective tramadol to codeine :)) I won't need a nap.
None yesterday. I only need it about once or twice a week if no exhaustion and pain from walking.
I'm observing my sleep pattern for improvements. I'm all for a full night sleep every night. Toddler is nearly 5 but has some issues which need support but lately he's sleeping through too. Maybe because he cannot hear me up and down. He's very atune to me.
Looks like school aren't encouraging afternoon naps and because his friends aren't sleeping mini ickihun is waiting til bedtime. ☺ ☺ ☺ Hurray!

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Ron was up again at 1am . Hasn't been back to bed yet either .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Was woken at 12.30am as 4yr old was too warm but because of his communication difficulties it took over an hour to figure it out. I'm not alert enough in deep sleep. He nodded off and nearly 3am before I slept back off. Up at 8.45am on a fbg of 7.7. Bgs are currently increasing in sleep but last night didn't. Extra basal must be just kicking in. Phew!
I've had some nasty high bgs.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A much better night sleep. I changed his blanket when I got in bed and he don't wake up crying. He also went to sleep on his own. A corner has turned. Hopefully.

Awoke at 7.45am to a fbg of 5.8 :) :) :)

Yesterday I had a walk out but son or hubby had to keep hold of me on icy roads in our street and ice paths. Once on the main road we walked on the roads to football ground and a protein feast. That's our iron taken care of for a few days. Swimming pool can help me next Saturday if I want to get in their pool. Whole family will be £14. I must check again we don't qualify for a discount.

Painkillers before bed must be helping too.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Oh no because of the mountaineering on the ice past 2 days within 3 days I've been exhausted and 20mins left me hugely bad tempered soooo I went back to sleep this afternoon.
Not sure if I'll be posting here through the night but because of codeine's sleepiness I have deeper sleep, 4yr old too.
Not being rude but I hope not.

Hoping to have less exhaustion as I progress through 2018 and lose more weight. :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Off to bed. Wish me luck. I have to be up early tomorrow so no pain relief as it makes me too drowsy. If I'm not asleep due to pain I'll have no choice but to take some. Wish me luck?

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Off to bed. Wish me luck. I have to be up early tomorrow so no pain relief as it makes me too drowsy. If I'm not asleep due to pain I'll have no choice but to take some. Wish me luck?
Good luck night hun x

Reactions: ickihun

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've had a sleep due to exhaustion and just back awake after 2hrs. (16.50-18.55). Feeling more unlike a zombie.
Still have huge back circles under my eyes....I'm hoping from codeine which is supported by co-codamol.
Luckily I'm seeing practice nurse who I trust to make sure I'm ok in the morning I'll pick her brains. Should I Mr Google to put my mind at rest? I saw a TV programme which says we are often obsessed with googling our ailments. I'll stick to NHS info like it suggests. ;)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A too hot start of night sleep so got up and checked sugar. It was 11.2 so took some novarapid and cooled down and slept back off but tossed and turned til 4yr old wanted to be up at 6.50am.
I think my nurse appointment is on my mind as I want to complain about codeine but don't want a stronger med. It is good a curing metformin upset tum thou. I'm still getting diarrhoea until due codeine. My body is all unbalanced with metformin and codeine. I hope not bad for my long term health. Mind you, hopefully an endoscopy done pre-op.
Has Ron managed to get rid of his swellings @tina_marie ?

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Morning @ickihun, no legs are still swollen. Ron says this morning there tired so could be another day at some point where there not going to move .