Donna1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I have recently moved from
Lantus onto degludec about 10 days ago as the lantus was really burning when injecting and felt it was either getting worse or i had took enough of this nightly painful routine. Have found the degludec still burns but a bit less but had a couple of times where it has left a lump/deposit on my legs. Is this normal? Tried levemir before and had to come
Off as it left deposits n had hypos due to it.

I was on lantus 16 units per night and takimg the same of degludec but finding i need very little novorapid?? Should u be using less degludec than lantus?

Craigh82

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I use 25 units of tresiba in my stomach. Sometimes I get a lump but I think it's because the needle hasn't Pierced under the skin, but it's gone within 30 seconds and nothing to worry about.

Jeremy_Wood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you rotating your sites? Injecting into tough tissue can cause build-up which can be dangerous.

I recently moved onto Tresiba (Degludec) and found it's a big improvement. I did have to reduce the dose though. I was on 28 units of Lantus and am now on 24 of Tresiba. Apparently this is very common. Try talking to your DSN about it.

J

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
You will only know how your control is with tresiba and how much you need by doing some basal testing..

Reactions: Levy

Donna1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Thanx guys. I will try n reduce the degludec slightly tonight although it is keeping my bm much more stable although it should not prevent me having to use novorapid so i'll reduce by 2 units tonight and see how i go. X

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have recently moved from
Lantus onto degludec about 10 days ago as the lantus was really burning when injecting and felt it was either getting worse or i had took enough of this nightly painful routine. Have found the degludec still burns but a bit less but had a couple of times where it has left a lump/deposit on my legs. Is this normal? Tried levemir before and had to come
Off as it left deposits n had hypos due to it.

I was on lantus 16 units per night and takimg the same of degludec but finding i need very little novorapid?? Should u be using less degludec than lantus?
I have had pleasant experiences from Degludec unlike levemir (unhelpful) and lantus (Unhelpful).

Levy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanx guys. I will try n reduce the degludec slightly tonight although it is keeping my bm much more stable although it should not prevent me having to use novorapid so i'll reduce by 2 units tonight and see how i go. X
I was put on Tresiba yesterday and was told to take a lower dose because people tend to need less degludec than Lantus/Levemir. I was on 26u Levemir and have started on 22u Tresiba. I'll be doing some basal testing over the next few days to see if it needs tweaking.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
@Levy

You need to leave degludec a clear 3 days before adjusting. Basal testing during that time of swapover is not really worth it. I found that first day still had levemir in, and degludec non effective. It did take 3 clear days before any settled levels were apparent. To me you are just wasting time and food doing it before its been in your system for 3 clear days.

Also depending on your situation and lifestyle it could give false conclusions.

My weekends are hugely different to work days.. so Degludec was mit good for me on that basis as well as it did not allow me to alter for my lifestyle and activity on different days.

So if your weekends are different to weekdays it could also give false impressions

Reactions: Levy

Levy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Levy

You need to leave degludec a clear 3 days before adjusting. Basal testing during that time of swapover is not really worth it. I found that first day still had levemir in, and degludec non effective. It did take 3 clear days before any settled levels were apparent. To me you are just wasting time and food doing it before its been in your system for 3 clear days.

Also depending on your situation and lifestyle it could give false conclusions.

My weekends are hugely different to work days.. so Degludec was mit good for me on that basis as well as it did not allow me to alter for my lifestyle and activity on different days.

So if your weekends are different to weekdays it could also give false impressions
Thanks, I am aware of that and that's what I meant by next few days sorry if I was unclear :)

Reactions: donnellysdogs