Genteel lancing device

Natt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I would like to spare the fingers of my son as much as possible so the price is secondary to me.I was wondering if anybody had experience with using the device and if its really painlesd as they say

cathys8

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I got the genteel about 2 years ago and find it fantastic. No pain at all. I use it on my thighs but I think if can be used on hands as well. It leaves a tiny mark on me but that could be because of other meds I'm on. Can't recommend it highly enough

Natt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yes I got the genteel about 2 years ago and find it fantastic. No pain at all. I use it on my thighs but I think if can be used on hands as well. It leaves a tiny mark on me but that could be because of other meds I'm on. Can't recommend it highly enough[/QUOTE

Thanks @cathys8.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
PEPPERS BEING USED TO BULK OUT FOOD ASSUMING THAT EVERYONE LIKES THEM!!
Just got it and with the first one on it is still painful. Not sure if it’s worth the money and may still be going back

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I got a Genteel Lancing Device after several friends in USA told me about it.
I LOVE IT, and YES its totally pain free! .... this has been a life Highlight. Even though I've only used it for 1 week .... after 30 years with T1d my fingers have never felt better!! My hands feel new.
Sure its more expensive, but for me, its well worth it for how great my fingers feel only after one week.

Ive been using it with their custom made Genteel lances, as I was warned that it will hurt if I use standard ones.

Its great because you can take blood from anywhere (except for hairy spots because the vacuum cannot hold).
I've used it in all these sites; the palms of my hands, my calf, my thighs, my forearm, my cheek, and totally painless everywhere.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Mainly good reviews on Amazon who sell it for £99 bit too expensive for me though.