HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Many men prefer not to speak on the subject for the sensitivity of the problem

But today we will try to discuss it because it is an important topic and may include many diabetics

I have heard a lot about the failure of some marital relationships because of diabetes

Because of the health, psychological, economic and sexual problems
What concerns us here are sexual problems

I have heard that many marriage relationships have stopped because of that

The question is whether the person with diabetes should have this problem ?

What is the solution to avoid this

Regardless that the problem may vary from person to person and from country to country

Last edited:

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Im female and not directly affected by the issues you raise, - Im assuming you mean erectile dysfunction (ED), apologies in advance if I have misunderstood your meaning - I know this can face some men with diabetes and therefore their partners too.
I would say that there are many ways to give and to receive sexual pleasure that ED has absolutely no impact on and are therefore not affected by diabetes. In answer to your questions about whether it is the problem just for the person with diabetes and what is the solution I think that the issue is one for both members of a couple and that one approach to a ‘solution’ is to be inventive / open minded. I am aware that some medications can also help some men

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Im female and not directly affected by the issues you raise, - Im assuming you mean erectile dysfunction (ED), apologies in advance if I have misunderstood your meaning - I know this can face some men with diabetes and therefore their partners too.
I would say that there are many ways to give and to receive sexual pleasure that ED has absolutely no impact on and are therefore not affected by diabetes. In answer to your questions about whether it is the problem just for the person with diabetes and what is the solution I think that the issue is one for both members of a couple and that one approach to a ‘solution’ is to be inventive / open minded. I am aware that some medications can also help some men
Thank you I know that this is embarrassing for some men but I know some people who have been separated because of this problem
Drug use is a temporary solution I think

I also believe that the strength of the relationship between a man and his wife is important and may help to overcome this problem

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
its always worth checking testosterone levels as it can impact on much more than sex. it also depends on the cause there are treatment that can help.

Reactions: HICHAM_T2

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
its always worth checking testosterone levels as it can impact on much more than sex. it also depends on the cause there are treatment that can help.
Hi
What is testosterone ?

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Everyone, male and female, has testosterone in the body naturally - just different levels.
If I understand well, it is a hormone for masculinity ?

Percentage of sperm

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
It is known that high blood glucose causes the risk of blockage of blood vessels, including the vessels of the penis and thus the problem of erectile dysfunction

Dark Horse

Women with diabetes can get problems too (although probably less talked about):-
https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/articles/7826-diabetes-and-female-sexuality

Pattidevans

Men are in worse shape than women @Dark Horse
I am sorry hichamgsm but that is an ignorant, enormously insulting and dismissive supposition, that has angered me. I rarely post here, but this has prompted me to set you right. If a woman has nerve damage caused by diabetes it will impinge on her sexual response, her ability to feel sexual interest and even make intercourse painful to the point where she will actively avoid it. So it will actually have as much impact on her marriage as a lack of erection in a man. Both partners in sexual intercourse are equally entitled to pleasure from the act.

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It is known that high blood glucose causes the risk of blockage of blood vessels, including the vessels of the penis and thus the problem of erectile dysfunction
Fake news. This is a pretty weird thread. Maybe it would be better in some men's magazine forum.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Folks, we have here a very sensitive subject. It seems to me that people are seriously trying to understand each others's perspective. It is a little discussed topic, so I appeal to you all to remain civil and considerate to each other.

It will be very unfortunate if people are discouraged from posting here due to perceived animosity.

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Folks, we have here a very sensitive subject. It seems to me that people are seriously trying to understand each others's perspective. It is a little discussed topic, so I appeal to you all to remain civil and considerate to each other.

It will be very unfortunate if people are discouraged from posting here due to perceived animosity.
Yes, let's keep it objective and helpful.

Reactions: Pipp