alternative medicines

helene 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Does anyone know helpful information on medication on the market called CuraLin?

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I just looked it up and it`s first claim is that it helps in the production of insulin, a bit misleading this as many, many T2`s don`t have a problem with insulin production, it`s insulin resistance that we normally suffer with. Another claim is that it stops carb cravings, well to be honest a little time and the right diet will usually do the same thing. Whether it`s a harmless fad or not is something I really couldn`t tell you but a cursory glance at google will show you wildly differing opinions as to whether there are side effects or not. On a purely personal note I seriously doubt if there are any magic bullets around, wish there were! and I suspect that this product is a mix of freely available spices and supplements thought to help T2 diabetes. Hope this helps. Chris.

johnrubinstein

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi

I've just been persuaded to take it on a trial basis. So here's some facts about how I'm setting about to test the product (BTW, I'm sceptical);
1. I got diagnosed with type 2 beginning of January after a blood test showed an HB1AC of 51.
2. Since that time I've used MyFitnessPal to keep track of my nutrition. I've done so for about 75 consecutive days (have lost 24lbs). This is important because it establishes my nutritional baseline.
3. I've been taking my blood sugar on a daily basis (even though I really don't need to and intend to stop once I'm happy with my diet/exercise regime) and it's averaging 6.0 mmol/L. I'v testing my blood sugar since mid Feb. That too is important because I have a second baseline by which to compare.

This said, I'm taking two caplets per day: one in the morning and one at night (began April 1st :)). The dose was agreed to after a discussion with one of their sales people. It's a low dose because my blood sugar count is not high.

We'll see what happens after a couple of weeks. Will keep you guys posted.

Cheers

John

Emile_the_rat

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
It’s a reason they call it alternative medicine, it’s because it has no documented effect what so ever.

Please, anyone either with type 1, type 2 or any other diabetic related health problems please avoid any alternative medicine.

Use what your GP has prescribded, taking alternative medicine when you have a lifetreating condition as diabetes are dangerous and like playing roulette with your life.

There is no reason to risk your life with alternative medicine when there is prescribded medicine out there that are documented to help and deal with your condition.

Reactions: MargaretR

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@pamela59 while there is a lot of good information on diet and vitamins than can be helpful, I am very wary of products like this and people who join a forum a make one post to talk about these supposed "cures"

If you want to know how we go from normal to type 2, insulin production and resistance, this article is one of my fav's from a well known author Jenny Ruhl who has type 2.

http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/14046621.php

johnrubinstein

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Ok. As promised, here’s my update on CuraLin. I took 2 caplets per day for around 2 weeks. Even increased my dose to 3 per day (following further phone call from the sales guy). No discernible statistical difference in my blood sugar.

So, no, this is not for me. My scepticism is confirmed. It’s the old adage: if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

BTW, since being diagnosed T2D in early January, have lost 27lbs by following LCHF diet and my HB1AC has come down from 51 to 44.

I’m 5ft 10” and now weigh 70kg - so really don’t want to lose any more weight. But keen to get my 1AC below 42. That’s my next challenge and am looking into ways to achieve this. CuraLin however won’t figure in my plans.

That’s it folks.

John