Need suggestion for weight loss surgery

NisaReis

My father is 55 years old and his weight is 125 kg now. He is doing exercise one hour daily and doesn't take any junk foods. But he can't able to loss his weight. Now he is so worried about his weight. So I decide, will do weight loss surgery. Before that I want to know, are there any site effect of weight loss surgery?

Edited by moderator to remove name of clinic.

Last edited by a moderator:

woodenone46

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i appreciate that you are looking for advice on surgery but do you need to be quite that drastic. I was not as heavy as your father but was over weight & although I run 3 times a week & walk the other days I was not really loosing any weight so I went on a Ketogenic diet of 20grms of carbs a day for 2 weeks then increased that to no more than 30grms a day & in 3 weeks I hsave lost 4.3 Kilogrames.
This could be a better option than surgery 7 worth looking at

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
How long has he been exercising? I'd explore that (along with diet) a lot more before surgery

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
How is your father's diet? What does a typical day's food look like? Perhaps we can give you some tips.
In the UK it takes a long time to get weight loss surgery and there are rules involved before surgery finally goes ahead because it is major surgery that comes with risks. There are side effects from the surgical side and from the dietary side. It is not a decision to be taken lightly and I suggest you do a lot of research into it before you make any firm plans. Good luck to you and your Dad.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I was diagnosed type 2 it was suggested I qualified for gastric surgery. I wanted to try diet first, primarily to reduce my blood sugars but also to lose weight. I was 115kg at diagnosis, way overweight for someone only 161cm tall. I ate under 100g of carbs per day to begin with then after 6 weeks I dropped to 50-70g/day, and that’s where I stay. To date I have lost 32kg. I’m so glad I didn’t agree to surgery with all the associated risks and side effects now.

Reactions: BunsenHoneydew

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My father is 55 years old and his weight is 125 kg now. He is doing exercise one hour daily and doesn't take any junk foods. But he can't able to loss his weight. Now he is so worried about his weight. So I decide, will do weight loss surgery at Metabolic Surgery Clinic in Turkey. Before that I want to know, are there any site effect of weight loss surgery?

Like any intervention there are risks of side effects - some more common than others.

Bariatric surgery isn't something to do on a whim, as it is a life changing experience, and complex. Not all life changing experiences are positive.

In terms of side effects/complications the attached file lists them fairly starkly, but nevertheless they are there. I apologise as I can't find the link to the original site where I save these from, but I only save articled or data from credible sources.

Attachments

• Bariatric Post Op Complications.pdf
    136.8 KB · Views: 525