Treshiba /Levimir Help ....!

LWA

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Soaps
Due to the need of ever increasing amounts of Levimir (eventually as much as 2 x 36units) I recently changed to Treshiba Degludec (1 x 30units).
The Treshiba was successful to start with, however it soon appeared that for me it only lasts approx 16 or so hours before my levels spiked - it's clear I need to counter act this by injecting more Novorapid at mealtimes which is not ideal.:(
Other posts suggest changing injection time, however it doesn't make a difference - it just means the spikes occurs at different times.
Whilst I appreciate Levimir is very flat, its apparent that due to needing increasing amounts my body was not responding to it effectively so I'd rather not go back if possible.
I have been Type 1 for almost 30years and retain a very tight control, however I would be grateful for any help/suggestions to my issue...

bluebeach

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello, I was on levemir, then I changes for toujeo for around 2 years, I had tó increase the amounts gradually, because at least for me toujeo had peak effects which resulted hypos. Most of the low sugar levels I do not notice in the past years( t1 sincs 25 years) . I can tell that I have the Best doctor in Hungary and he Always try to improve my insulin management. So recently I changes tó Treshiba, he told me it lasts for app. 40 hours, and keeps flat the insulin level. Looks good for me, Till I do not have low glucose. All in all I think the key is tó identify and prevent low glucose, anyway your body keeps demand higher level of insulin tó react. This is my opinion and experience only.

Reactions: LWA