What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
A happy 4.9 at 8.30 a.m. Still trying to find the will to do more than the absolutely nothing I've achieved since getting up! Sooner or later I have to move or I'll meld into the sofa....

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

it was so windy here during the night, blew my bins over and was rattling everything for most of the night, nice and sunny and mild just now though :happy: so it looks like an early walk because the forecast is for heavy rain later.

first14808

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@first14808 im just a little fed up with trying to counteract the LD in the morning even when I'm in the 5s before bed they go to 6s in the morning so just though why bother!

Stay positive! Plus you've had a lot of stress recently, which I doubt is helping. I also don't get the LD, mine was 7.1 yesterday, 6.4 today. Perhaps not as low as I'd like, but if I'm sticking to low carbs, it's not coming from 'junk' carbs.

I'm not a chocolate eater except if I crave something sweet sometimes, so it's not a huge sacrifice for me, hope you get on top of your BG levels but you seem to have cracked doing the weight loss good luck to you! K

Thanks! The 'smart' scales have been a lot of help, ie I noticed my weight loss had slowed a little.. But fat is down, muscle up. Doesn't help with the BMI number, but that's a crude measure. May also explain why I picked the wrong time of year to do this and feeling the cold a bit more :)

first14808

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
27. 01. 2018.
Hi good people! This Saturday morning around at 8:43 am I tested my bg level, it was 175 (9.722222). I felt very bad and moody, wondering what I ate for dinner yesterday. I sat there feeling frustrated because I didn’t miss my metformin. At 11.02, I had an urge to go and retest my bg again. To my amazement it had come down to 122 (6.7777). Why is this fluctuation. Meanwhile I haven’t eaten anything because I am feeling sad.

Don't feel sad! And keep eating sensibly! From my own results and from watching this thread, it happens. The trend is the important thing, ie keeping our BG in the 'safe' zone for as much as possible.

Reactions: ziggy_w

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all. Blood sugars were 5.4 this morning. I agree with you, @geefull. When I have a lot of meat at night, my fasting blood sugars tend to be slightly higher.

@Granny_grump_ So sorry to hear that you are not sleeping well, though totally understandable. Hope you have a wonderful vacation.

@Olufisayo -- Welcome to the thread. Do you usually see higher blood sugars in the morning? If yes, what you are experiencing might be the dawn phenomenon. This means, your body releases various hormones, which raise blood sugars, to get you ready and moving. Personally, I observed high fasting levels (in a similar range to yours) for quite some time, even though my HbA1c was already in the normal range. So, if you keep working on this, your fasting levels should come down after a while.

Also, welcome to the other newbies to this thread.

newjourney

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone........5.1 again,had first good sleep in ages so feeling much better to face the day! This 'flu has really knocked hubby for six,despite the 'flu jab in October.Just got to make some nice food he's lost quite a few pounds this week!!

@newjourney welcome to this thread,there are other type 1s on here who will be able to give you support and advice or point you to the thread you need,love the avatar!
Thanks! I have no idea where the avatar came from, joined here two years ago after diagnose but never posted. Hoping to change that now.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Woke to a 2.6 this morning got a shock as felt ok treated hypo then had a couplè of biscuits b4 going to work i go from 1 extreme to another anyway have a great day everyone it will soon be friday again

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...one of those weekends where I promised a lot...but delivered little...no paperwork...no house de-clutter...sensible eating went out the window...so will be working hard this morning...woke to a 5.2

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

hmmf, It's not so easy tweaking my diet for maintainance, I managed to put on half a kilo this week :( , at least my fasting bg average stayed fairly similar to the last couple of weeks. Had a good walk yesterday with mum's little dog though :)

All in all it's a work in progress ;)