Dropping fast

Flair

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Hai

What does it mean if you test exact after 2 hours and your glucose is 7.9 and 10 minuten later it is 5.4?
I do have this a lot of times?

I get a reading between 7 and 8 and recheck in 5 minuten it is down to 5-6.5?

Is that normal or does it mean I make to much insulin .

D

Deleted Account

I would have thought it is very rare for BG to drop that far in 10 minutes unless you are exercising hard with lots of insulin on board.
In my experience, it is more likely that I have some sugar residue on my fingers when I took the earlier/higher reading.
This may be because I have been in the kitchen or it could be something which appears unrelated to food such as newspaper print.

By the way, you ask if this means you took too much insulin but your profile says you don't have diabetes. Does your profile need updating? Or are you just asking out of interest?

Flair

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
I mean does my body make to much insulin , no I do not take it.

It is strange I wash my hands? And have this a few times? So bloodsugar can t drop that fast?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @Flair As a non diabetic this sounds normal - why are you testing your BG levels if you haven't been diagnosed with diabetes ?

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
very good point. not the first either.

Flair

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Hello @Flair As a non diabetic this sounds normal - why are you testing your BG levels if you haven't been diagnosed with diabetes ?

Hai

Because I do have insulin resistance. So its normal to drop that fast.

JonM1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If you did a test on capillary blood (lancet to the finger/thumb) and you squeezed the finger/thumb to get a testable size of blood drop you can drive out extra intercellular plasma which would dilute the blood sample and give a false low reading.

Flair

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
If you did a test on capillary blood (lancet to the finger/thumb) and you squeezed the finger/thumb to get a testable size of blood drop you can drive out extra intercellular plasma which would dilute the blood sample and give a false low reading.
I assume the fase reading can be high and low?