Skinny brands lager

BottomlessPit

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Has anyone tried this? Saw it in Tesco the other day. Only 2.97g of carbs per 330ml bottle. Thought it might be good for a special occasion.

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Although we have Tesco stores all over Bangkok have not seen it But My experience is that on the whole these sort of Beers taste like ****. I stopped Drinking because I don't think I am Strong willed enough to stop at ! or 2 beers so use the get behind me Satan approach It works for me.

Begonia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yes I tried it last week. Bought 8 bottles but only drank 1 of them and will probably pour others away. I thought it tasted awful... much prefer coors light but it’s higher carbs

BottomlessPit

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Although we have Tesco stores all over Bangkok have not seen it But My experience is that on the whole these sort of Beers taste like ****. I stopped Drinking because I don't think I am Strong willed enough to stop at ! or 2 beers so use the get behind me Satan approach It works for me.

Yeah I've stopped drinking too but I am conscious of being called boring at every social occasion. I have had enough comments about how the LCHF diet is no life to lead already!

BottomlessPit

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes I tried it last week. Bought 8 bottles but only drank 1 of them and will probably pour others away. I thought it tasted awful... much prefer coors light but it’s higher carbs

Thank you for replying. I thought that may be the case. I was hoping to take some to Center Parcs. Will have to have a rethink.

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah I've stopped drinking too but I am conscious of being called boring at every social occasion. I have had enough comments about how the LCHF diet is no life to lead already!
In my case I was probably Boring before I stopped Drinking but did not realise it. Now I go home early before everyone else gets to the silly stage. As to diet I do not make a big fuss and no one seems to notice I can still eat Steak or fish and buttered Spinach and side salad no one thinks its strange

BottomlessPit

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In my case I was probably Boring before I stopped Drinking but did not realise it. Now I go home early before everyone else gets to the silly stage. As to diet I do not make a big fuss and no one seems to notice I can still eat Steak or fish and buttered Spinach and side salad no one thinks its strange

I don’t make a fuss but because I don’t fit the mould of a typical type 2 diabetic (I’m thin and in my 30s) and people see I’m avoiding certain foods, they think I’m on a fad diet and I’ve got an eating disorder or are obsessed with my weight. They then start offering foods I can’t eat I think to fatten me up. It’s done from a place of love. Another thing that doesn’t help is that I know other diabetics who eat what they want (that’s their choice, no judgement from me) and it looks like I’m making a big deal over nothing.

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I drink dry wine, champagne and whisky as low carb treats. I have to watch the calories in wine and restrict to one large glass or I gain weight.