No freestyle libre in Staffordshire on prescription

Key_master_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Our local ccg have told my gp that under no circumstances will they be funding the libre sensors in the Staffordshire area for qualifying diabetics as it’s too expensive.

Has anyone else tried to get one? I’ve seen thousands of posts saying non in their area either on Abbott’s Facebook page.

I only need a month worth as just switched insulin’s. Was self funding before for 3 months but haven’t been able to afford them since the end of August.

Larkin1

I can't get them yet, but my diabetes team are hopeful. The whole limited access to life changing technology thing has got me thinking, why do diabetics never take part in political action? Like protest for example, do we not deserve access to the most advanced technology? This especially annoys me when I consider the fact that the UK has such a low uptake of insulin pump, because our access to care is dictated by economics.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you written to your MP quoting CCG's that are prescribing and asking why yours is providing second rate health care when compared with others? The MP should write to your CCG's 'accountable officer' quoting the Regional medicines optimisation committee (Northern) position on the product.

You can also complain to the CCG thru their patient liaison team although they 'can' take 6 months to respond. It's also possible to request a slot at one of their meetings to speak as a member of the public.

Keep pushing, keep pestering, troll them on Twitter, find others local to you and get them to do the same, and keep up the skeer....

Key_master_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Have you written to your MP quoting CCG's that are prescribing and asking why yours is providing second rate health care when compared with others? The MP should write to your CCG's 'accountable officer' Quoting the Regional medicines optimisation committee (Northern) position on the product.

You can also complain to the CCG thru their patient liaison team although they 'can' take 6 months to respond. It's also possible to request a slot at one of their meetings to speak as a member of the public.

Keep pushing, keep pestering, troll them on Twitter, find others local to you and get them to do the same, and keep up the skeer....
I will be ringing his secretary later to see if I can get in and see him. He’s helped my family in the past when my dad had his terrible accident and we needed help with his rehab that was a shambles and became a valuable friend to have.

I’ve also tweeted the pm. Included our local council, hospital and nhs. Couldn’t find the ccg for Staffordshire.

I’ve emailed our local ccg and left a voicemail to the person who decides about them locally. That was last week and haven’t heard anything back.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I leave tweets for sarcasm mainly :) but keep pestering, ring and find their patient liaison person, keep on until you speak to someone, those calls are logged, voicemail isn't.

Our MP wrote to them on behalf of several of her constituents as far as it goes.